A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swf file and Text file from Server into Mobile

Swf file and Text file from Server into Mobile

There is a Question:
    I have a .swf file and a .txt file in the same folder in my server
    the .swf file is loading the .txt file data into its variables
    Now I want to operate that .swf file from a mobile which have a .swf file in the phone having a script to load the .swf file from the server.

The movie load ok from the server but the text doesn't.
    I have tried the server .swf file to give the loadVariablesNum(); full server path and loadVariables(); target to that same server folder

But it not worked

what will be the solution?

thank You

please list your phone, the version of Flash Lite you are testing, whether you are using browser or standalone implementation and show some of the basic code for the issue.

Tested on Nokia N73.
    I have solved the problem

But now the issue comes here that i am calling the swf which is in the server from a swf in mobile. The swf which is in mobile having a script of loadVariablesNum(); which have the url path to load the swf of the server.

Now the question is : how will i protect the swf which is in the server? because it open in the browser by just giving the path by getting the swf decompiled. I have used PHP script to load the swf from the server, but that can also an unsecured way as because flash just get data from php only by the "echo" or if their be some other method can also display the path into flash variables
    Is their anything that can denied to access the swf (which is in the server ) from browser. Only the swf in the mobile will get access by passing a login password.

Solution Please

If your goal is to only allow the Flash Lite standalone player to download the SWF, then perhaps you can set up a user agent detection. Flash lite has its own user agent. You can detect this with a server site language and only allow downloads if the user agent is Flash Lite. I do not know the string off hand, but you can just connect to the server and trap the user agent with a server side language.

Note that someone could easily spoof the Flash Lite user agent, so this is not a very secure solution.

If flash lite will only fetch data through php by echo funtion then any one can fetch it without flash lite. Is there any other option to protect the data from flash lite

As I mentioned you can try the user agent, but someone could spoof the user agent, so there is not really any way to control the loading of data.

Some Solution i made for my work
    1. From the mobile I can operate all the data base txt and swf file including php(no problem till now)
    2. To some extent I can able to protect the swf file which is in the server (which I will disclose at the end of my work)
    3. If I can able to protect the swf file, then surely I could able to protect the php echo funtion also.

Now, I have some request if anyone can give some example of how to make dynamic duplicate movieclips with different data variables in it?

there is no way to duplicate only certain aspects of a movie clip. duplicateMovieClip will copy every aspect of the original, including its variable names and values.

You could clear the values after the copy and re-populate the variables, but the means to do this would depend upon whether you have an easy way to enumerate through all the variables and change their values.