A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [CS3] How to do that?

[CS3] How to do that?

Hi

I need help about best way to load a flash animation. The situation is that I am preparing a flash header animation which will have two movie clips. The header itself will only have a simple bordered background (checkerboard) of 575x200px file. I want the background to appear while the the two movie clips that have animation, show up later on. I want to know where exactly the preloaders should go? In movie clips or in the main header. If I put the preloader in the main header, the background won't appear until the full movie loads. Whereas if I put the preloader in movie clips, will the background of main file show up first, showing two different preloaders loading the two movie clips?

Thanx
    Max

Depends on how you structure the preloader. You can put the preloader in the main file and still allow the background to show while you load the two clips. Probably the better way to do it. If you put the preloader on frame 1, and the background too, then both will show up when the first frame of the main movie is loaded. Use the preloader then to load in the mc's that reside on another frame like frame 2.
    http://code.mneilsworld.com/
    Text Effects | Bubbles | Dynamic Resize
    4 weeks , 20 papers ... thats 2 dollars .....Caassshhh!

Thanx for the suggestion mneil. This looks the best way to do that