A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: EPL - LaLiga !!!

I'm impressed by Stoke's progress really, they're pragmatic in its very sense, and the best part is they don't seem to panic. When Amdy Faye is made to look like a good player, you know there's something seriously wrong about the opponents or something seriously good. Depends on which fence you're at.

Anyway, Its refreshing that Rafa took the Derby seriously with a 4-4-2 and starting a non 100% match fit Torres, partnered with an under-confidenced Keane. Credit goes to Toffees (Cahill) for sucker punching us (cos Skrtel went to sleep, and this was only his 2nd game after a long injury? One wonders, where's Agger???)

My brain is still telling me, against my heart, that the title's gonna land at Old Trafford again, and its not surprising that their whole team there seems to be hungrier than Liverpool's (and when I say Liverpool, I actually only meant Gerrard/Torres/Carragher/Alonso/Hyppia - cos the rest of the squad seems to be playing like they've already won it, twice.).

Eh?
    Last edited by Googooboyy; 01-20-2009 at 06:01 AM.

Peace - Just in Heaven koolbabs2000's Avatar
    I come from Stoke, I have been a fan all my life, and I am really proud of the very credible performances whe have made,
    - Stoke City have been a revelation this season. They have troubled all the big teams this season. Im sure they will avoid Relegation this season.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
    - The Mahatma.

Quote Originally Posted by Googooboyy
    and the best part is they don't seem to panic.
    Panic?, good Lord no, we're from the North!

Liverpool for sale -

Liverpool are talking to the world's 46th richest man Kuwait's Nasser Al-Kharafi about taking over the Premier League club.

The club send financial chief Philip Nash and commercial director Ian Ayre to the Middle East this week to start the negotiations with regards to a 500 million pounds bid to buy the English giants.

Al-Kharafi was close to buying over Newcastle United from Mike Ashley three months ago for the price of 300 million pounds but it fell through towards the end.

His cousin was close to taking over Liverpool last November in a 500 million pounds deal which was called off due to the worldwide financial crisis.

The Sun reported that Tom Hicks and George Gillett offered the Kuwaiti billionaire a 50 percent stake with the two Americans reducing their share to 25 percent each.

Al-Kharafi was instead more keen on having full control of the entire club and is pushing for the deal to close at the reported 400 million pounds.

As president of the MA Al-Kharafi and Sons Group, Kharafi has an estimated wealth of 12 billion pounds.
    - The Mahatma.

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    300 million for Newcastle? At least the price will drop when they get relegated.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

300 million for Newcastle? At least the price will drop when they get relegated.
    Never know ! The Relegation battle this season is going to be nail biting and will certainly go to the last day Im sure. So many good teams are in the drop zone this season. In fact only the Top 8 teams can be assured to be safe this season and the rest fighting for survival.

The Relegation battle will be more interesting than that for the title this season.
    - The Mahatma.

Looks like Man. U are running away with the title again this year !
    Liverpool looks like the only team to challenge them.
    - The Mahatma.

Quote Originally Posted by koolbabs2000
    Looks like Man. U are running away with the title again this year !
    Liverpool looks like the only team to challenge them.
    Precisely, they LOOK like the only team, but can they really produce like Man U? Still I'm quite hopeful that yesterday's victory over Chelsea will be the catalyst they need to reignite their momentum. Anyway, history has been on Liverpool's side whenever it comes towards the end of the season.

*Crosses Fingers*

Robbie Keane’s £15million transfer-deadline day move from Liverpool back to Tottenham has caused red faces all around.
    http://www.espnstar.com/football/pre...of-humble-pie/

That was truly surprising !!!
    - The Mahatma.

Andrei Arshavin has vowed to help Arsenal end their trophy drought after finally completing his "dream" move.

Arsenal today confirmed the that the Russian playmaker had signed for the Barclays Premier League side on a "long-term" contract.
    The London club agreed a deal for the player with his former club, Zenit St Petersburg, just minutes before yesterday's 5pm transfer deadline and had to wait until today for the move to be ratified by the Premier League.

Arsenal have not yet released information about Arshavin's fee, but it is believed to be around £15million.
    - Finally Arshavin has become a Gunner ! Can he get Arsenal's campaign back on track ?
    - The Mahatma.

It's way too late. Arsenal will be very lucky to get into the Champions League after this seasons' performance.

Manholes were trashed 4-1 by Liverpool. That opens up the Premiership title race ! With just 4 points separating the top 3. Chelsea and Liverpool should seriously challenge for the title this year.
    - The Mahatma.

Just remember - United has a game in hand.

Yes they have a game in hand. But after this sound trashing Im sure there will be lots of doubts in their mind. Its the final lap now and Im certain they are going to slip up and give the EPL a dream finish with 3 teams fighting for it !
    - The Mahatma.

Liverpook whipping united the way they did (should've been 5-1 if Gerrard didn't scuff that sitter at the end) wasn't going to bring them back in the title race. Vidic getting a straight red card and consequently receiving a 2 match ban may help.

Utd play Fulham next which shouldn't pose too much of a problem but then they've Aston Villa who, despite losing to Spurs will be able to give United (minus their probably best defender) a good game.

I still can't see United losing the prem but the next 2 weeks will be key.

Wow. Its unimaginable what's happening to united at the moment. That's a lot of red cards in a matter of 1 week. Are they imploding? Well, I don't think so. In fact, I think this gives the hungrier 2nd team players the opportunity to excel -- dangerous. Just dangerous to Liverpool and Chelsea.

Oh, and Liverpool's having a majestic week isn't it? Good thing history shows that Liverpool ends the season strongly.

Manholes are blowing it away. Wow !
    After that defeat to Fulham and with Liverpool going great guns - the title race is ON. Hope Liverpool finally win it - how long since they have won the Premiership ?
    - The Mahatma.

Since 1990. Wow.

Liverpool pulled up a last minute winner while Manholes stunned Aston Villa after trailing 2-1. Manholes lead the table by 1 point with a game in hand. With 5 games to go - it will be a tight finish - hope it goes to the last day !
    - The Mahatma.