A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [CS3] Drawing Image Motion

[CS3] Drawing Image Motion

Hey Guys,

Massive 'Noob' to Flash, and wanting to design a opening sequence.

I have an image designed within photoshop where is built up of mainly lines, I want to use this in flash and have the image seem to 'draw itself' as seen similarly in the sequence at the start of this site http://www.dananddave.com/ with the double 'Ds'

How is this done?

Tutorial?

Thanks for all of your help!
    Matt

There are approximately 1,000,000,000e10-4 tutorials on this. There are multiple ways to do it. I've seen about 100 tutorials and now can't seem to find one. So, a quick rundown.

1) Use a mask that frame by frame reveals bits of the image underneath it.
    2) Break the image apart in flash (ctrl+b) then frame by frame erase parts of it along the lines for the animation. When it is all done, select all the frames, right click, and hit reverse frames. Remember to start at the end of the of the drawing and work backwards.
    3) Put a new layer on top and redraw (frame by frame) the animation using flash's pencil or brush tool.

Depending on how intricate the drawing is one method may be better than another. Also, it is time consuming, yes, very time consuming to get it right and looking good. Check your animation often to make sure it is looking like you want. It is hard, nay impossible, to change the middle of the animation or the beginning of it once you are finished.
    http://code.mneilsworld.com/
    Text Effects | Bubbles | Dynamic Resize
    4 weeks , 20 papers ... thats 2 dollars .....Caassshhh!

Thanks!

I worked it out before your post!

I also had seen many tutorials, and could not find one.

Thanks mneil!