A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Secure sendAndLoad???

Question [F8] Secure sendAndLoad???

Hi guys,

I'm just needing to check what is the best way to make sendAndLoad secure.

I am making a flash app that intergrates with PHPBB forum -- so i could pass the flash app the "SID" which is unique to the person logged in.

I also know if the person is logged in or not -- otherwise the page redirects also using the PHPBB methods.

If i give the flash app _root.SID = SID (from the page it's on, using AC_FL_RunContent)

Could i then post this SID to the php to compare it with the current logged in users SID.

I know how to do all the above -- but is it a good way to insure the flash is being run on my site?

If this looks like total bs - can someone please explain the best way to send scoreboard info without it being hackable.

Many thanks!

Cheers.

move to scripting and backend where I think you'll get better responses form someone who has experience in security issues and sending data.

Cheers whispers!

Hopefully somone will know what i'm trying to do!

Thanks again.

Hi,

is your goal to prevent wrong people from submitting information, or is it rather to prevent the right people (logged-in players) from submitting false information?

Musicman

It's hopefully a way of stopping people from downloading my swf, decompiling it, and submitting false values to the database.

I'm hoping that being logged in to the PHPBB forum, and having a genuine login SID --- passing that to flash, then getting flash to pass it back to the page, will insure that the variables it passess are genuine.

edit

I've asked a similar question before, and YOU showed me a site that recomplies the swf each time to stop decompiling. thanks for that link

But this time - i really dont mind if the person can see what is being sent back to the server, i just dont want them to be able to send false values.
    Last edited by itsallgood; 08-20-2008 at 05:10 PM.

Hi,

well - seeing the data that is sent, plus (eventually) decompiling the movie to find out how data is transformed before sending, should be good steps to send false data.
    I am sure you - or a dedicated hacker - could watch your own submission with wireshark or possibly the tools in firefox

Musicman