A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [delaunay image processor]

[delaunay image processor]

Hi,

currently I´m writing a few image processors in AS3. Initially I`ve implemented a Delaunay triangulation that works quiet fine and performat (by having ~25 FPS constantly).

Launch

You might use it as transition effect between images, so I put up 3 images back to back that can be skipped onClick. Even if the transition is running, the framerate stays agreeabke high on my computer.

Cheers
    pwd

Hi,

This is exactly the thing I've been looking to get into for a while. Can you point me to any tutorials that explain the theory behind how this is done?

Many thanks.
    :: scott ::

...in a couple of basic steps (without the math stuff):

1.) Read-In the image and loop-for width-, height-, and colour-values of the image

2.) Store those values in an array

3.) built up triangles for each xy-Position of the anchorpoints you have stored

4.) detect if a one of the points is located within a triangle you´ve built already. If so, then triangulate
    once more

5.) Every triangle get´s the color-value of the xy-position due to their anchorpoints

The transition´s are simple for-loops through numChildren-list´s that access each triangle as Sprite that is finally animated with TweenLite.

Finally the result ( in very basic steps! ) =)
    pwd

how often should you set an anchor point? are you setting these at equal intervals or using some function to pick out the points that you set as anchors?

what is TweenLite?

Quote Originally Posted by scottPadgett
    how often should you set an anchor point?
    ...that not a thing of you must have to set a specific number of anchor points.
    just as many as you like to. if you set lesser points, then the triangulation is logically ruffer and the image isn´t conspicuous very well.

are you setting these at equal intervals or using some function to pick out the points that you set as anchors?
    as I said: at first, you loop through an image and read-in those points.
    after that, you access each point in another step, but no interval or enterFrame is used to do this, just another for-loop.

what is TweenLite?
    that.

pwd

this is awesome. i had no idea there were better, faster Tween classes out there, than the one written by Adobe.

are you offering up the source code for this thing--did i miss it somewhere on your site?

I will not release the sources right now, ´cause that processor is a part of a few image processors that I develop right now.

When all the work is done and implemented in the project I do all this stuff for, then I will release the sources.

coincidentally, I'm working on some triangulation algorithms myself.

Right now what I want to complete in total using several different algorithms I've been writing is construct a RISK AI engine. Triangulation is gonna make that a lot freaking easier and dynamic.

and right now, I´ve released my second image processor, dealing with voronoi diagrams - here.

cheers
    drek

half as fun, double the price senocular's Avatar
    Have you taken a look at making pixel bender filters?

Quote Originally Posted by senocular
    Have you taken a look at making pixel bender filters?
    "yes, of course"...

I´ve already uploaded a few to adobe´s pixel bender exchange:

fisheye

smudge

slicer

it´s pure fun to play with pbj´s (even if I miss the comfort of loops a lot!), but those voronoi and delaunay image processor should run with AS3, so Pixel Bender wasn´t an option.

cheers
    drek