dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: swf studio question

swf studio question

Greetings,

I am looking for some help. I have a project which currently uses a flash projector as the front end and loads external swf's as the content.

I have mdm zinc and when I process the front end swf through it none of my swf's load. I would have to rewrite all the code which loads each external swf.

If I purchase swf studio, will I also have to rewrite all the code which loads the external swf's?

The reason I ask is that my client only wants a few modest features added to the front end but leave all the external content swf's as they are.

Will swf studio do what I need?

thanks in advance.

Tim (Super Moderator) Northcode's Avatar
    I have seen a few people in the Zinc forums complain that they've had problems making it work, but Zinc should be able to do that. I can't believe they pooched something that basic. However, necessity is the mother of invention and Zinc users have come up with some clever workarounds over the years so there might be a solution hiding in their forums somewhere

I know it works with SWF Studio, it just depends on making sure that the SWFs you're trying to load are in the same position, relative to the EXE, as they were to the original SWF. If they aren't we have a way to get around that, the Default Base Path setting on the Movie Tab or the ssCore.App.setBasePath command.

You can download the trial version of SWF Studio to test this. It's free and it won't expire on you while you're testing.

If you run into any problems you can find me here or in the Northcode Support Forums.

Thanks!

Thanks Northcode,

I shall be downloading the demo.

If I purchase, is there any discount for disgruntled Zinc owners?

I should have just bought SWF Studio to begin with, but......must of had a case of cranial rectitus.

Thanks for the help.

Tim (Super Moderator) Northcode's Avatar
    If I purchase, is there any discount for disgruntled Zinc owners?
    You mean some kind of reward for buying Zinc instead of SWF Studio?

Yeah, we do that

I just PM'ed you a discount coupon code.