A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [CS3] Flash for Widescreen TV?

[CS3] Flash for Widescreen TV?

Hey group,
    I'm creating a slideshow for 16:9 widescreen TV. How should I go about doing this? I made the dimensions 1920x1080 but it's way too large to display on my monitor. I guess as long as it shows up on the HD tv it should be find.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

is this for online or strictly viewed locally? I've made flash presetations for MASSIVE screens and I found I could cut the dimenstions in half, while keeping all my graphics sized for the actual dimensions.

for example say i have a background image that is the same size as the screen so i import to flash at 1920x1080 and resize it to 960x540 (my swf dimensions). That way once it loads on the screen it will show the real dimensions and maintain it's original quality.

hope that helps!
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

Quote Originally Posted by EvolveDesigns
    is this for online or strictly viewed locally? I've made flash presetations for MASSIVE screens and I found I could cut the dimenstions in half, while keeping all my graphics sized for the actual dimensions.

for example say i have a background image that is the same size as the screen so i import to flash at 1920x1080 and resize it to 960x540 (my swf dimensions). That way once it loads on the screen it will show the real dimensions and maintain it's original quality.

hope that helps!
    I'm not sure I understand this part.

Hi,
    It will be viewed on a widescreen tv from a computer running Vista.
    I made my Flash at 1920 x 1080 and it's very large.
    I wanted to publish the flash as a projector but maybe that's not the way to go. Maybe I should just do it as a swf or an html; I'm not sure.
    Last edited by An Artist; 08-25-2008 at 09:14 AM.