A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: US Vice President choice thread...

US Vice President choice thread...

Obama's picked Biden. Read it at Foxnews.

So who's McCain gonna pick? Rumor has it that it's Mitt Romney.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Romney sounds like a good choice for McCain.

Biden was good choice but I agree with a lot of people who think Obama turned it into a game. I mean, it's just a vp selection, not Clue.

I think Romney would be a great choice for McSame.

gonna be hard to keep this a vp only thread

VP's primary role in the election is to throw mud at the other candidate.

Though, it seems like Biden likes McCain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDVUPqoowf8
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Funny. They cut off that Biden quote in the end... and it came from an many years ago old quote.

Nice try

dammit gerbs beat me to it.

I can't wait for McCain to announce his running mate.

Obama - Biden is the death of Obama's candidacy. Obama should have selected Clinton. Most American voters don't care about so-called experience. Foreign experience is when McCaine was a POW in Vietnam, basta.

Also Obama's campaign management is stupid to create an anti-McCaine ad criticizing his 7 houses. According to the American spirit if you have 7 houses you are a winner. If you lost your one house or don't have any you are a looser. Obama has one house, which he got by cheating. Whom do you elect for president, of course the winner!
    Last edited by cancerinform; 08-23-2008 at 04:40 PM.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    Funny. They cut off that Biden quote in the end... and it came from an many years ago old quote.

Nice try
    Try at what? Posting a link to a video?

Of course, I'm sure that Biden will say that he has changed his mind on McCain now. What do you think his thoughts are now about, according to him, Obama not being experienced enough to be president?

Quote Originally Posted by cancerinform
    Obama - Biden is the death of Obama's candidacy. Obama should have selected Clinton. Most American voters don't care about so-called experience. Foreign experience is when McCaine was a POW in Vietnam, basta.
    I'm not sure that Clinton would have been a better choice, strategically. I think people would have questioned who was leading who if he did.

Obama/Clinton ticket would have been a double minority ticket. Let's face it... the US is not ready for that yet. I don't care how much you stutter, stammer, idealize, dream, or wish for it... sorry. Americans just are not ready for that.

The 7 houses tactic... well, it distances his VP choice and himself from the silver-spoon fed/bred politicians that are mega-rich and have zero connection with the normal population. Even with that said... I thought it was a stupid tactic.

btw... CancerInform... it's McCain

Does one ever wonder about the alledged HRC supporters who always claim they are voting for McCain. I also love the comments by alledged former Obama supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashLackey
    Try at what?
    At being misleading. I'm going to start randomly quoting people from years past to show their support for me now.

Yeah. That's the ticket.

"I wasn't trying anything... Acting!"

I'm not sure that Clinton would have been a better choice, strategically. I think people would have questioned who was leading who if he did.
    We agree here.

McCain probably hired Ron Paul's professional blog commenters.

At being misleading. I'm going to start randomly quoting people from years past to show their support for me now.
    Are there a lot of people that have pulled their support for you after giving it to you initially?

Are there a lot of people that have pulled their support for you after giving it to you initially?
    I don't get your point. Nor do I think you got mine.

Let's start again...

I will quote people... years later to bolster support for me; even if out of context.

Since you are saying that you are going to quote people out of context from the past, I was wondering if it was because there are people who used to say good things about you but won't now.

I have given up believing that voters vote according to the logic. At least 50% of voters vote according to their feelings/emotions and how well they can identify themselves with the candidate. Obama has failed in this connection and choosing Biden makes it worse.

Also the Obama campaign management is failing. They don't recognize what people want to see and hear. Voters want to see a scene where they can cry and feel proud. Just look at the NBC report about the Olympic games, emotions, patriotism, emotions. Also the election will be determined who is closest to Jesus like Bush got his messages directly from the spirits.

McCain is gaining more and more votes, because his campaign management knows what voters want to hear and see.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Since you are saying that you are going to quote people out of context from the past, I was wondering if it was because there are people who used to say good things about you but won't now.
    Is that what's happening about what Biden will say about McCain now?

I'm still not following you. Nor are you following me, it seems.

I'll start again.

I'm going to start to quoting people, from years ago quotes to show their support for me now. Just like McCain had done.

Quote Originally Posted by cancerinform
    I have given up believing that voters vote according to the logic. At least 50% of voters vote according to their feelings/emotions and how well they can identify themselves with the candidate. Obama has failed in this connection and choosing Biden makes it worse.
    I don't know. It seems like Obama has connected with quite a number of people. He hasn't slipped that much. In fact, he has survived a lot of gaffes, scandals and poor associations that would have tanked most other politicians.

What specifically do you have against him choosing Biden? Who do you see being disenfranchised by him?

I'm going to start to quoting people, from years ago quotes to show their support for me now. Just like McCain had done.
    The only reason a good statement from the past becomes out of context is due to the person holding a different position later. So, when you stated that you are going to quote people out of context to support you, it sounds like there are people who have changed contexts on you.

As far as McCain and Biden goes, they have served in the senate together for a long time and have been seen as buddies. Of course, I would expect the tone to change now that they are running against each other. But, I think that the ad requires that Biden clarify whether or not he still feels that way and if not, what specifically has changed his mind. Same for his feelings on Obama not being ready to be president. They seem like basic, valid questions to me.