A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the kill vista thread

Hybrid View

the kill vista thread

Alright so I got my laptop in and finally got all the preinstalled crap off. Now how do I strip this ***** even more?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Put a $10 bill in its bra.

does EVERYTHING have to be 'the thread'?

i heard microsoft was offering free upgrades to thier new OS 'Mojave'
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Been googling around and there is nothing but whiny bloggers *****ing about the mojave experiment. Nothing about a release date or anything.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    Been googling around and there is nothing but whiny bloggers *****ing about the mojave experiment. Nothing about a release date or anything.

quoted for historical purposes.

ok...

mmm signature

vlite. redo your install, use blackviper.com to trim the services, hit up yamicsoft for vista manager and/or tweak vi... dude.

You can tweak the living hell out Vista actually after SP1 to be a bit more lik5e your WinXP experience. But don't think that you're going to get sub 30 processes. And I hope you got 2-4gb of RAM.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I got 2 gigs of ram. I downloaded vlite before I even read your post. I'll see what I can do. The OS took up 10 gigs! I got one of those restore disk- can I even do it with one of those?

Yep. I created one with the Gateway disk. Trimmed the living hell out of my install... ripped out some 4gb of bullcrap. Read the tips in their forums.

Oh yeah... download the prior version 1.16 and then install it, then install the newer version. There's a dll that you have to have, and the only way to get it is to download some huge ass 3gb iso from MS. Then you have to find the damn dll, then use it.

Haha, Silver, are you referring to the "Mojave Experiment" commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis F5
    Haha, Silver, are you referring to the "Mojave Experiment" commercial?

yes.. yes i am.

After months of searching for ways to defend its oft-maligned Windows operating system
    oft-maligned? That's the most inaccurate description I've heard. That's like saying silverlight is in second place.
    Veghte is convinced, like others at Microsoft, that despite early technical challenges, Vista's problems are primarily ones of perception.
    Haha yah, people hate what they see when looking at it.

Technical users are still not the majority. If you've got a bad rap with even the common user, you know you have royally fk'd up. An aggressive ad campaign can make the sales of anything go up but they are going to have to support this thing like the xbox and start replacing offending hardware for free if they want to truly save face.
    Last edited by jAQUAN; 08-28-2008 at 04:18 AM.

I saw that it was asking me dl some file and it's well over a gig. No thanks.

So I have around 70 gigs of music that is roughly 16,000 songs with a few dupes here and there. I hooked up my external to the laptop to transfer some select songs to it(about half my library) and when I imported them into itunes on my laptop it registers as 24,000+ songs and over a 100 gigs! I went to the actual folder and looked at the properties and it is only 35 gigs. As nice as they are I really hate new computers. I have my desktop running perfect. I already miss XP.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    Are a lot of songs showing up multiple times in iTunes? My brother got a new computer last week and for some reason when he imported his library into iTunes it added everything twice. The numbers showed that he had twice as much as he really did. He had to delete everything out of the library and then import it back in. Too bad the "Show Duplicate Songs" option doesn't make it easy to remove duplicates.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

I'm going to be pricing out a new desktop hopefully soon. Does this mean I will miss any performance\directx goodness if I stick with XP?

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    I'm going to be pricing out a new desktop hopefully soon. Does this mean I will miss any performance\directx goodness if I stick with XP?
    I have honestly yet to see a reason to use DirectX 10 professionally. In games, very few games outside of Crysis even use it properly.

I'm not that impressed with 10.0/10.1 actually. And even with that, are you purchasing for apps or for games?

But I will say... after now a year with Vista... I'm able to say that it's as stable as XP, but it just takes me forever to tweak a machine.

I'm just not a good tweaker. I've only tried one tinyxp install but it was on a machine I'd never used before so I don't know if it really increased the speed.

The comp will definitely be a gaming rig (which makes it a production rig too) but if it will run on xp and the price isn't stupid, I'll get a dx10 card.