A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: keeping html linked

keeping html linked

I have a flash project that has links to html pages that I have gathered and put in folder. The reason I don't just link the the pages on the web is because this is going on a secure system that does not have access to the web. The folder with the html is in the same overall folder as the swf files they are liked to. The problem is that the address of course changes when you burn a CD and take it somewhere else. Is there a way to link them so that the swf file always looks for that folder, regardless of where it (the overall project folder) is located?

Thanks

Simply use a relative path? If the folder was in the same location as the .swf just link to "myfolder/myfile.html" instead of the full "C:\documents..." malarkey.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

as stated a relative path will work...

but you should read the rules more clearly.. the Coffee Lounge is NOT the place for technical questions/posts..

tsk...tsk....tsk..

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee Lounge
    Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The Lounge". Only general conversation and idle chat. NO technical questions!
    I seriously don't get how people bypass all of the other forums and post questions in the Coffee Lounge.

I just don't get it.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Sorry about the wrong area, I didn't even know I was in the coffee lounge, or that there was one. I will try the myfolder advice, thanks... I guess that means no bringing up politics or religion either. ha ha

naw, those are brought up so regularly, that I don't even consider it taboo for questions to slip in here every so often.

btw... I have to ask. How in the world did you not know you were in the CL? I want to see if there is a pattern for these type of posts.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

The Flashkit site is kind of overwhelming at first, there is a lot of stuff going on when you first come into the site. I am usually in a hurry, so I am looking for the post question link, which I usually find kind of by accident. Whatever area I have wound up in is where I post the questions, without knowing what area I actually launched it from. I have not been on the site regularly for a few years, it seems a lot bigger and more complex than it was then. I will figure it out next post.