A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can Someone Please Explain How To Do This?

Arrow Can Someone Please Explain How To Do This?

here's the link:

http://flashden.net/item/above-the-clouds/46

How did he do that! Please tell me people, its urgent.

Multiple posts about the same topic have a real negative effect - just for your information. The quickest way (though not the cheapest) is to go somewhere like Flashloaded and buy a cloud loop.

You people are angry wid me? As I said, it is definitely urgent, and I don't have the money right now to buy the flash loop, and I won't get paid till I complete the project (being a new guy, I can't demand advance)... so, I'm really, really, stuck, and I was only trying to garner some attention by reposting the question.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, and goliard, thanks for atleast reading and CARING to reply, which no one else seems to be interested in.

Regards,
    Aditya.

P.S.: My request still stands, even a prod in the right direction will help me a long way, even google is unable to turn up anything relevant.

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    I wouldn't say "angry wid" you, annoyed is more like it. Multiple posts are obnoxious for people who try to offer free advice to people looking for help because you might spend 15 minutes answering a post just to find out that someone else already answered it in another forum, so please read the posting rules and have some respect for the people willing to donate their time and advice.

I see (after looking through your multiple posts), that people have suggested finding some vector clouds, creating some clouds in photoshop, finding some free video (since you have no budget), etc.

Most people here are willing to give their time, create samples, etc. but most get annoyed when they think you want them to do the work for you. If you could show a sample of something you've tried (animating a still photo, vectors, etc.), that goes a long way towards getting some help...

I did a quick Google search for "flash cloud animation" and on the second page, I found this tutorial on making "realistic clouds"
    http://www.techtut.com/Tutorial/Flas...-in-Flash.html
    You could certainly use that, create a few different clouds, use duplicate movie clip (or just create a few different clips with various clouds) and either animate via AS or frames and create a loop from that...

Hope that helps!
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

i'm closing this due to your multiple posts. Your question has been answered by multiple people (in multiple threads), they've done everything except provide you code or doing it for you.

Post multiple threads like this again and you'll be banned. Be patient kind grasshoppa.
    Last edited by lefteyewilly; 08-29-2008 at 03:12 PM.