dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [CS3 /AS2.0] using multiple scrollPane components in flash?

[CS3 /AS2.0] using multiple scrollPane components in flash?

Hi, I am putting together a flash executable slide presentation. In 4 or 5 slides I needed to add a scrollPane in order to fit some of the content. I created the first one successfully by doing the following:

1) putting my content that I wanted scrolled in a single movie clip, under properties for the clip I checked the box to export for actionscript and gave it a unique identifier name of 'slide29Image'.

2) Went to my slide that I wanted the above movieClip to be scrolled in and added the scrollPane windows component. I resized it, gave it an instance name of scroll01, and in the parameters tab next to the contentPath I typed in the identifier name 'slide29Image'.

All worked fine until I got to my second slide where I needed to add in another scrollPane that was a different size and had different content within it. I set it up the same way as I did the first one, but I am constantly getting the following error when I test my movie

ERROR:

" **Warning** The linkage identifier 'ScrollPane' was already assigned to the symbol 'scroll02', and cannot be assigned to the symbol 'scroll01', since linkage identifiers must be unique."

How can I fix this so I can use multiple scrollPanes? I know I should probably be setting up my own scrollPanes, scrollBars, etc... but I don't know how to do that very well and it would take me days to figure out. It's a tutorial on my list to learn, but unfortunately, I don't have days to finish this slide presentation.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by popflier; 08-31-2008 at 06:41 PM.

is it possible to change the identifier? i cant find a way how

Quote Originally Posted by silverag
    is it possible to change the identifier? i cant find a way how
    That was what I was hoping I could do, but I can't figure out a way to change it. It's grayed out and I haven't seen a post online talking about how or if it can be changed.

If you find a way please post. Thanks!