A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Thumbnails not loading in browser - but they do locally!

Flash Developer

resolved [RESOLVED] Thumbnails not loading in browser - but they do locally!

Hi.

I thought I was finally done with a project, since I've been testing it locally from Flash and with Firefox (still locally). Then I put it all on the web, test phase of course, but the thumbnails aren't loading in. It seems like the contact form (simple php) isn't working either - it seems like it's sending variables, but then doesn't respond. What could I be doing wrong?

I know that this is a little vague and some of you will ask for more info on the whole issue. But it's Flash CS3, AS3 - it's not the server, because I have another file up that works exactly the same way. It's not a silly mistake because it works locally, but not on the web. They load in small 44x44 pixel thumbnails using contentLoaderInfo..... INIT.....

Please help!

Flash Developer
    Ha. No, the problem was that in the XML my files were ...image8Thumb.. image9Thumb.. etc and the images were actually named ...image8thumb.. image9thumb.. etc with a lower case "t". So the reason must be: Flash isn't case-sensitive!
    Last edited by nonameusername; 09-05-2008 at 09:44 AM.