A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The US Economy in the crapper starting Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by creativeinsomnia
    This is entertainment at its best. I'm seriously enjoying this thread.
    I wish the material for this thread would not exist, then I don't have to be afraid about my retirement and the constant loss of the $$. Again prices are increasing going to the grocery store but not the salaries.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -
    | www.Flashscript.biz | Flashscript Biz Classes/Components |

Time to change the diet.

Thanks again FL. I'm getting a much clearer picture now.
    It only furthers my desire to create a site or application that would allow very complex topics to be expounded in very clear and extremely concise flash based diagrams.
    Last edited by jAQUAN; 09-26-2008 at 04:02 PM.

So far, this is the best dumbed down explanation I've seen. It's well thought out and explained in a way for all to understand.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/26888701
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    Thanks again FL. I'm getting a much clearer picture now.
    It only furthers my desire to create a site or application that would allow very complex topics to be expounded in very clear and extremely concise flash based diagrams.
    A gskinner UML modeler for politics and economics?
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

That's almost exactly what I'm thinking about. But mine would actually allow you to make decisions. Say you trying to make a big life decision. You could plug in and rate all your options, fill out pro's and con's tables and see all possible outcomes at a glance. But I digress.

It's an interesting idea. Sort of an interactive/visual financial planner that has some relevant data along the way. I could see something like that being integrated into Quicken, Quickbooks or on a site like Vanguard.

It could have boxes and clouds that are static from government institutions, lenders, etc. and then your movable boxes. Plugging in certain investments would then show you visually how they flow through the system and what returns you would expect. A really good idea. Make it. Patent it.

Of course, you would need to have an assistant avatar like the Microsoft paperclip. Except, in this case, it would be a little uncle sam that is always trying to screw you. That's my contribution and I claim rights to that.

That's getting pretty specific. My idea would be something of a reflex destination whenever there was a pile of crap to sift through.

Like a visual wiki?

Not quite. This is a very bad example but it would more or less devise something like this in real time. Ultimately you could request the path to world peace

Quote Originally Posted by cancerinform
    I wish the material for this thread would not exist, then I don't have to be afraid about my retirement and the constant loss of the $$. Again prices are increasing going to the grocery store but not the salaries.
    I was merely referencing the joy I had reading the back and forth banter between HR and FL...obviously I would rather this not be happening as well.

It's all BS
    Wall Street takes a downturn and expect American Taxpayers to foot CEO's golden parachutes, pay more for stock then it is worth and give stockholders more value then the stock is worth.

Truth about money available for loans.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...092504155.html

Not so sure about there needing to be imperial villians, darth vaders and jedi-hunters as much as it is simply bad policies catching up to the economy.

But, that is an interesting link and does seem to evidence that a lack of a bailout would not result in a major collapse of the economy. Maybe it would be healthy in the long run for some of the bigger institutions to be forced to down-size, lending to become more difficult to obtain for questionably qualified borrowers, smaller institutions to have opportunity to be competitive, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frets
    It's all BS
    Wall Street takes a downturn and expect American Taxpayers to foot CEO's golden parachutes, pay more for stock then it is worth and give stockholders more value then the stock is worth.
    The same statement can be made true again with a few modified words...
    Main Street takes a downturn and expects American Taxpayers to foot mortgage holders overvalued paper, pay more for housing than it is worth and give taxpayers more value than they'll be paying for what the debt is worth.

This American Taxpayer is looking to profit. The market tanks and I've got cash to invest...what looks good to you Hanratty? Citi and ING both took a beating, but should be good in the long haul. Thoughts?
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Nothing looks good until congress gets their sh*t together. Sh*t or get off of the pot. Either way, there's going to be some good downturn in the markets -- the only question is...how long before the upturn. Cash is good for now. I think Citigroup stands to be in the forefront of the 'new' financial world. Wells Fargo JPM and USB are the cream of the crop though. Financials are elephant-man ugly right now though.

Ugly = cheap. I can wait a few years for normalcy to return.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

I'd wait another 6 months or so. But, real estate should be a good buy. Might be a good time to invest in a rental property if you have 20% to put down.

That's about as likely as pre-911 normalcy returning. I think webster's new words will be "superbank" and "trickle-up economics"