A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problems with exporting

Problems with exporting

I have Flash CS3 and have been trying to export an imported flv file, ,the file is visible but when I attempt to play it nI get nothing ,any help would be appreciated.

what steps have you taken to ensure the video is displayed on screen? Please provide more information.

Dan

I import the video which is a flv into Flash,in Deployment I select Progressive download, Skinning -none, finish. The video lands on the stage, I then select the video and go to File>Export>Export Movie, choose which folder to put it in ,save as type-windows.avi,Export window comes up and I have Maintain aspect ratio checked, nothing else checked,sound format is set to disable,and video format is set to 24 bit color, hit ok and then go to test the video and the bar and screen do this flickering thing.

it looks like you're trying to convert from .flv to .avi. [edit] using FLash which is pointless. [edit]

I wouldn't recommend this as the export option will only export the frames you have in your swf, rather than it's scripted contents. So if you have a flvplayback component in a one-frame timeline, then the exporter will just loop over that one frame without actually playing anything back.

BTW why are you trying to convert from flv to avi anyway?? you're unlikely to get anything which is decent quality. The best thing to do is to use the original footage to export to avi in the first place. Of course, if you've ripped this FLV off the net (and don't actually own it) then that's a whole different kettle of fish.

May I suggest a program called tmpgenc from Pegasys Systems? it's an excellent little dv editor and encoder, and I think the new version includes tools for cleaning up digital video as well as encoding from .flv...

Dan

The footage is actually my original vid, I lost it in a computer crash and the only thing I could salvage was the flv, but Thanx for the help Dan.

ah, apologies for the inference... just too used to "plzzzz hlp!!111" threads I guess! good luck with retreiving that flv - tmpgenc will definitely help you there.