A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Wait until finish...problem with child movie

damned...

Wait until finish...problem with child movie

Hi gurus,

I'm trying to run a child movie, and once it's finished, I want to run another child movie that is not visible at the begining. Both are declared in the main movie...
    But...all the movies are playing together...they don't wait their turn..
    I tried to use the "wait until finish" button (event) or the "stop when finished" or "hide when finished" or "stop until played"...does not matter...always the same problem...

Do you have an idea ? thx
    Aie aie aie...

try putting a stop and hide element action for the child movie that you want to wait at the very beginning of your movie.
    Dan

Oops. I broke it.... again.

damned...

I tried so many combinations..

And I don't find a way to proceed...
    If I have 2 scenes, the second is begining before the first movie is finished, even if I call the second scene (in the main) only at the end of the first child movie. Even if I put a stop movie in a third scene between the two scenes....

example here

Look at this example:
    http://bretlanius.com/flash/movie_178.html

Includes Source file to download.

damned...

thanks Blanius

I checked your example and finally I did it after with the scenes !
    damned...

Quote Originally Posted by blanius
    Look at this example:
    http://bretlanius.com/flash/movie_178.html

Includes Source file to download.
    Hello Bret,

I have exactly the same problem as Glops, so I was very interested in your example. Unfortunately I could not find it any more by following the link you provided.

Could you please publish it once more?

sorry, that post was over 4 years ago... No longer have that file, I don't even have 3dfa any longer.

Anyone else who can help me out here? Glops perhaps?

It is hard to believe that such a simple requirement can be so hard to resolve. I have already lost an enormous amount of time searching, but I still have no solution. I'm getting desperate...
    Last edited by luc.de.cauwer; 09-29-2008 at 09:42 AM.

this help? 3dfa 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by luc.de.cauwer
    Anyone else who can help me out here? Glops perhaps?

It is hard to believe that such a simple requirement can be so hard to resolve. I have already lost an enormous amount of time searching, but I still have no solution. I'm getting desperate...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for your examples, but as far as I can see, you start the child movies by clicking on buttons, and that is exactly what I do not want to do. The whole movie has to run unattended, first playing child movie 1, and when that one is finished, playing child movie 2.

My problem is: how can I make my main movie wait until the first child movie has finished, before playing the second one (without human interaction)?

one possible way

Quote Originally Posted by luc.de.cauwer
    Thank you for your examples, but as far as I can see, you start the child movies by clicking on buttons, and that is exactly what I do not want to do. The whole movie has to run unattended, first playing child movie 1, and when that one is finished, playing child movie 2.

My problem is: how can I make my main movie wait until the first child movie has finished, before playing the second one (without human interaction)?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am sorry, I appreciate your efforts to help me, but it looks as if you did not understand my problem.

You start child movie 1, wait for a fixed delay of 10 seconds, and then start child movie 2. What I need is that child movie 2 starts automatically as soon as child movie 1 is finished, and I do not know in advance what the length is of child movie 1.

Hello Rui,

While your examples were not really an answer to the question I posted here, the script in one of them helped me solve another problem. Thank you!