A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Syncing (again)

Smile

Nice animation! To answer yo question, I did the grain effect by pasting a bitmap that looks like static from Draw!, and then made it 90% translucent.
    To answer the questions in your second post:
    1. Per project.
    2. I did all that artwork myself (the "Good Robot" is based on the company that made Cloverfield ("Bad Robot") and is not an actual animation studio, though.)
    3. Despite the fact that I pretend to know more about Flash than you, I'm actually pretty newbish, and have no idea what that question means. You'll need to consult someone smarter that me on that one.
    So, I hope I answered your questions (I have now said that phrase 3 times in this post.) and I'll post my movie when it's complete, which should be in a few weeks. (assuming I don't encounter more problems.)
    -The Animator

Muahahahahahaha!

Sorry Animator, I sort of fell of the face of the Earth... lol I finally had a chance to check out your source file and yes you are falling out of sync which should have been impossible... You have many sounds playing at once which even set to stream will cause problems. Flash just doesn't have the resource to put that all out, even set to stream.

When I'm syncing video and audio in flash I try to mix all my audio down to a single track whenever possible. You don't have to mix all audio in to one trace, but whenever possible it's a very good practice. If not there's quite a bit of unnessasary strain on the file..

As to the other question about encoding to an avi without the watermark, Flash can save right to avi, File>Export>Export Movie, then select the format that suites you. I find saving as a quicktime file is the easiest, not many options to set and it will automatically compress the file.

good luck!
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

Quote Originally Posted by EvolveDesigns
    Sorry Animator, I sort of fell of the face of the Earth... lol I finally had a chance to check out your source file and yes you are falling out of sync which should have been impossible... You have many sounds playing at once which even set to stream will cause problems. Flash just doesn't have the resource to put that all out, even set to stream.
    K', Thanks. I'm glad I know what's causing teh sounds to go outta sync.
    -The Animator

Muahahahahahaha!

Talking

Okay, I finished the movie!! The link is here!
    I plan on spending the rest of the year playing Team Fortress 2, and next year, I'll get to work on my next movie!!
    PS: thanks to Evolvedesigns for helping me with the syncing problem.
    -The Animator

Muahahahahahaha!

ha nice, best line = "quick! everyone panic!"

I see you have lots of comments about the audio. Here's a quick tutorial on producing clean audio even on a crappy mic.

Download Audacity, it's free.
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

open up your sound file in Audacity and select a small area where there's no sound but the background static you want to remove.

with it still selected, click 'Effect'>'Noise Removal' then on the popup window click 'Get Noise Floor' and close that window.

now select your entire sound track, click 'Effect'>"Noise Removal'> and click the preview button. If your noise is gone click 'Remove Noise' and close the window or if the noise is still there slide the slider to the right and preview until it's gone. Once you're happy with it close the window and save a new copy of your sound clip. VOILA!

This will REALLY improve your audio quality. On a side note if you find your audio is too quiet use 'Effect'>'Compressor' to bring it up.

These two tools are indispensable when recording, better than sound forge, cool edit, garage band or soundbooth and the program is free! Woot!
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

Glad u liked mah movie! In response to your post, I actually already have Audacity, but I've never used the Noise Removal or Compressor options. I'll try that in the future.
    -The Animator

Muahahahahahaha!