dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Motion And Shape Tweening

Motion And Shape Tweening

Is there a way to motion tween then shape tween the same object in the same layer?

I'm making a rectangle move down, over some text, then i want the same rectangle to shape tween into a smaller rectangle.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
    Last edited by tehclayzor; 09-26-2008 at 02:24 PM.

Dr. Bob Rulezzz
    When you make a motion tween it converts the drawing to a graphic on the first and last frames of your tween, so to do it with a shape tween after the motion tween you need to draw the shape on the first frame, insert a key frame any number of frames after it, make your changes in position of the shape, then insert a keyframe RIGHT AFTER that one, THEN create the motion tween on the first thing, then insert the keyframe any number of frames after the last frame, make your changes and insert a shape tween.

But you could also simply allow it to make you shape into a graphic and then make it shrink using another motion tween by scaling the size of your graphic down.

What you could do is insert a new keyframe and break it apart (ctrl + b). This way you won't have to redraw the object.

Ryan Wilson
    Creative Director
    3rd Lounge Inc
    http://www.3rdlounge.com

Dr. Bob Rulezzz
    that would let you do a shape tween, but would disable the motion tween, Ryanw2626

I'm sorry for the miscommunication. I meant that if you add an extra keyframe after the tween and then break apart the object in the extra frame.

Ryan Wilson
    Creative Director
    3rd Lounge Inc
    http://www.3rdlounge.com

Dr. Bob Rulezzz
    I already said that a long time ago