A Flash Developer Resource Site

View Poll Results: If the US election was called right now, who would you vote for?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama, Biden

35 87.50%
  • McCain, Palin

5 12.50%
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: US Elections - FK CL October vote

I'll save everybody the trouble... in the next few weeks, it's all gonna get ugly. Every rock will be overturned to find a nasty little "gem" like this. in this case, listen to what they're saying; clearly an adult put this together. Why, hell if I know.

I just wish I had access to a video of the local KKK and how they had their teen children repeating in unison pretty much the same things for McCain.

I refuse to stoop that low. Those idiots don't run the US.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I didn't find the video offensive so much as just plain weird. Almost dug up the wtf thread.

it wasn't offensive to me. Just like I said... one of those overturned rock moments where it was "ok, so that's that"...

Just gonna end up fodder for the election media mania and sensationalism.

Already did. I heard about it on Fox News and you can just imagine how they were cutting it. The story was disguised as a debate on weather or not the teacher should have been suspended, but loaded with blackosphere slants.

blackosphere slants
    You do know that I'm borrowing this, right?

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    Thanks... it just had to be Florida... Can't just ONE election go by?...
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

The idea that he would impose his political opinion on the children is wrong to me. That’s where he crossed the line.
    THATS where he crossed the line!?

Welcome to Ohio...

God this scares me.

Mob mentality. People are afraid of change especially change they have been brainswashed to fear. The funny part is they have more guts then McCain himself. He's been letting his staffers spread this stuff and can't say it himself.

Biden said it right. If your going to say something to someone look them in the eye and tell em to thier face. Right now McCain can't even look at Obama. Which has pissed off his base.

Notice the guy trying to cover his face? The guys are laughing at thier own embarassment.

I know she's not the first crazy woman you've ever seen Gerbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    Oh yes it will.

I mean, let's be fair here. The drunken redneck lady is not the majority. And the type of people who go to a political rally to get fired up tend to be on the extreme side and don't have anything better to do. I'd wager that very few people in those crowds are undecided, and went to judge the candidates. Usually they're only outcrazied by the chanting asses from the other side who take a day off from not working to protest.

People that ARE sane and rational don't make good YouTube material and they don't help sell papers. The information age demands crazies to draw attention.

For some unknown reason, I still have faith that normal, reasonable folks compromise the majority of the American people.

However, given the level of whacko's we're seeing this cycle, if Obama gets elected, the Secret Service is going to be pulling overtime.
    Last edited by PAlexC; 10-14-2008 at 01:50 AM.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

After watching McCain having to take the mic from that doddering old hag and correct her, I feel bad for the guy. This has totally spun out of control, and Palin is only throwing fuel on the fire.

However, it's his campaign. He needs the spine to stand up to the RNC and his campaign advisers. He either doesn't have it, or doesn't trust his own judgment enough to make these decisions for himself.

It's sad, remember how popular he was in 2000?
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Quote Originally Posted by PAlexC
    Seen that already. Not surprising since there was already a Curious George t-shirt a while back.

I mean, let's be fair here. The drunken redneck lady is not the majority. And the type of people who go to a political rally to get fired up tend to be on the extreme side and don't have anything better to do. I'd wager that very few people in those crowds are undecided, and went to judge the candidates. Usually they're only outcrazied by the chanting asses from the other side who take a day off from not working to protest.
    If you think that does not represent a majority of America, then explain why most documentation is slanted for an adult with a 5th grade education? Or explain why Nixon and Bush got in twice?

It's because people that are as socially aware as the group here at Flashkit are the minority. How many times have you had somebody give you their "website" address... which has a @ in it?

Seriously. Travel more. America does not surprise me any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by PAlexC
    After watching McCain having to take the mic from that doddering old hag and correct her,
    got a video link to that?

Here ya go jAQUAN

Re nutcases.
    Nixon. Nixon won the first time because Johnson backed out and Bobby Kennedy died.
    Leaving the democratic party divided. In the section run for the office he waged a dirty little war people really didn't know about watergate while it was happening. Woodward's stories were getting buried very few voters read the washington post and none the scandal was covered on tv till after the election.

Yes american had predjudice in the 60's and 70's and it still has predjudice today. However I will submit that while predjudice still exists it does so to a lesser degree then it did when Tom Bradey ran for Mayor of Los Angeles.
    Barrack Obama would not be in the position he is today if racial intolerance were at the levels they were in the 60's and 70's.
    That being said I think race is still very much a factor in the election. It's not the only factor. I would estimate it at about 10%

I still do not think that you or PAlexC get it. Open mindedness is the minority in the US.

I hope Obama wins, he genuinely seems to care about the American people, McCain seems to only care about himself and his rich friends.

I could be wrong though, I have never really been up on politics much, Obama could just be doing a better job of fooling me.

People like McCain and Palin seem to be the major problem in this country to me, out of touch with reality and no common sense.

The US needs an IQ based voting system.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by random25
    I could be wrong though, I have never really been up on politics much, Obama could just be doing a better job of fooling me.
    Probably.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf