A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Illustrator] One day I felt like smoking

Ich lerne jede Tag etwas Neues Evaman's Avatar

[Illustrator] One day I felt like smoking

and so... I decided to doodle a vector of it. I actually wished to execute a portrait on Illustrator deliberately because I wanted to use it a little more. I have seen some rather marvelous vectors used through the application and many techniques on the art thread.
    I suddenly had a "brain fart" while doing this because two things began to bother me: my little pinky-finger looks rather strange on terms of proportion and I feel like I need to do something different than use thin lines to trace with.

Your face and jaw look detached from your neck. Like your face is getting ready to open. I think it's because you've connected the jawline to the ear(which happens but it's much softer in real life). The pinky finger does look like a dead sardine . And, the hair is perfectly messy. But, it isn't too bad. One thing I like to do once I get the line drawing done I convert the lines to shapes or outline them. There's a convert lines to fills button somewhere. Then I vary the width of the line because if you were drawing with a pencil, even a mechanical one, you wouldn't draw the same width line always because of pressure and tilt on the pencil. I think that adds to some "naturalness" of the image. Also, the cigarette is off. The line on the front of it should be perpendicular to either of the other two lines.
    http://code.mneilsworld.com/
    Text Effects | Bubbles | Dynamic Resize
    4 weeks , 20 papers ... thats 2 dollars .....Caassshhh!