A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Embedding Flash Video into HTML with the controls

Embedding Flash Video into HTML with the controls

Hi There

I have created an swf file, a flv file and in doing that Flash asked me to choose playback controls, which i did. in stand alone flash player, the video works fine with the controls and everything, but when i come to embed all this in my webpage, the controls do not appear - i have put all necessary files in the correct place...

This is the code I'm using:

<object width="320" height="280" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0">
    <param name="salign" value="lt">
    <param name="quality" value="high">
    <param name="scale" value="noscale">
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    <param name="movie" value="video/myvideo.swf">
    <embed width="320" height="280" flashvars="&streamName=FLV_Video_URL&autoPlay=fals e&autoRewind=true&skinName=video/myvideo.swf" quality="high" scale="noscale" salign="LT" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" src="video/myvideo.swf" wmode="transparent"> </embed></object>

Thanks in advance

you've set [skinName] to "myVideo.swf". this needs to be the name of your skin file e.g. "clearOverPlayAll.swf".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo6891
    <param name="movie" value="video/myvideo.swf">

..the value of parameter "movie" should be the URL on web page fof the swf file, I don't know if it works on writing like this:
    Code:
    <param name=movie value="myflvplayer.swf?playerOpts=targetClip*demo.flv*s">
    If you don't want to spend much time on this, you can download some flash video player from soptpedia or download.com