A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New web layout design feedback

New web layout design feedback

Whenever I get some time (and that happens rarely) I enter a design contest just to brush up my Photoshop skills, sometimes I get sick of all that Flash and need to take off. I never actually intend to win the contest but to enjoy the process of creativity. Web site layouts is what I like creating and I actually never show my work, never get any sort of constructive feedback so I don't know how people feel about it and if I don't know that I can't progress. So here it is, my new work:

- the first version I'll show you is the one that the contest holder likes:
    http://www.kreativa-studio.hr/contest/ogrish_v5.html

- the second version is the one I personally like more, probably because it's a picture of my head in the background, heh :
    http://www.kreativa-studio.hr/contest/ogrish_v3.html

What are your thoughts?
    "Kreativa Studio - Izrada Flash Stranica"

LATEST: Flash - Mareda Potrčko • HTML - MikrofonijaNew Layout Design - Tony Robbins || SOCIAL: on Twitteron Facebookon Kontain

Ich lerne jede Tag etwas Neues Evaman's Avatar
    I thought these links were going to transfer the URL to the actual HTML design. But I suppose this works enough to demonstrate design.

My reason for bringing that up is because from a 1024 x 768 screen resolution, I have to scroll the see the rest of the page. So I would definitely like to ensure that the page is going to fit on most viewers monitors.

The designs looks very nice. I think the background you designed on the site is fabulous. Although, I am not quite a fan of the face on the second one; I have a hard time trying to blend it in with everything else I gazing at. Thus I do not see a whole lot of difference between the two links but that face in the second one.

Alas I speak of another thing, that I like your motivation. I would always try to attend art contest even though you might not have one a single one yet; but I think it boast confidence so one day you will make credit for first place.
    Most of all, enjoying it is the most important as you said.

@ Evaman
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Actually the content area will be centered, not the background, so it'll fit the 1024x768 resolution. Vertical scrolling is something I can't avoid and it's pretty common nowadays.
    Yeah, face in the background probably is an overkill, I don't see it that way but people around me do so I have to accept it and live with it
    You got it! The two versions have only two differences: the face background and the footer. Nothing more.
    I have quickly made two more sections:
    - gallery http://www.kreativa-studio.hr/contes...photos_v1.html
    ...and...
    - info http://www.kreativa-studio.hr/contes...nopsis_v1.html
    ...so you can comment how I did there as well
    Tried to make the same feeling but different content layout so the user would keep being entertained - after all, that's what the contest holder asked for.
    Regarding HTML, that's not the part of the contest and if I do win it I will not be the one coding it. Too bad actually, I started to like this design and it's hard to let go
    I find the design contests interesting because I can compare different versions I created and every version has something new, something different and improved. So where is the limit? I don't know, but seems to me like I (and I believe I speak for most of designers) am pushing it every time I keep on working on the layout design. That's what keeps me motivated - visible progress.
    If I showed you the first version, you'd probably laugh, and I wouldn't blame you
    "Kreativa Studio - Izrada Flash Stranica"

LATEST: Flash - Mareda Potrčko • HTML - MikrofonijaNew Layout Design - Tony Robbins || SOCIAL: on Twitteron Facebookon Kontain

I like it, very nice. I prefer the version without the face; I think the face looks a bit manga-ish, which seems at odds with the rest of the design.