A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Game Challenge #7: Final Entries

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    Yeah TOdorus, it's not like I'm asking for the source. I was simply implying to bare in mind that the site is also my portfolio and resume, so the second part of that bullet point means that I'm going to refuse stuff that's immoral like racism, etc. Personally, I was thinking that I would keep winning entries for later competitions so that people could see past winners, but that's really just semantics at this point since we haven't even decided on another competition.

It's also worth mentioning here that a lot of the stuff on that front page is placeholder. I wasn't really sure how many categories to judge on and what categories to choose (I'm really open to suggestion at this point). I do think we'll stay with the 48 hour format since it's worked so well in the past.

You should also note that the machine you register with is the machine you must use to submit. Your IP address is used as a secondary point of validation for your entries and it prevents people from spamming votes during the judging phase.
    Last edited by ImprisonedPride; 04-09-2010 at 02:20 PM.
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

This sounds great, I love this competitions. I'm free almost every weekend, jut will be busy some weekend late this month so May is ok to me aswell. Thanks for hosting it in your site IP.
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations

Thanks for stepping up to the plate, IP

I have no commercial plans for any of the crap I write, much less a 48 hour job. But maybe to appeal to flash professionals, maybe you could make it clear that you don't intend to use other folks work for commercial gain either. Indicate that the rights are just so you can keep an archive of the contest, not to develop an entrants work into a new game, sell access to them, or falsely represent it as your own work. Kinda like the Gamepoetry 4K competition website - just there for archival.

Just spitballing, but maybe we can use the registration mechanism as a way to let entrants be more flexible with their time? Like you keep registration open for 1 week, when someone registers they get an email that tells them the secret ingredients, and starts their 48 hour timer? This would let .hooligan make his/her entry during the week instead of the weekend, for example.

Originally that was how I structured the php to perform, rachil0, but alas, the problem is honesty. Trying to force people not to spend a week prior creating something and using the first hour of their 48 hours once they have a game completed to submit it. It just seems like it would be abused.

Oh and yeah, I'm going to eventually get around to rewording that whole rights-thing. Just been busy with homework as of late.
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)

Furthermore, I intend to add a few extra options in the registration/submission forms. If you wish, you can upload a source along with your entry for all the kiddies to learn from. Likewise, you can set an option to have your work automatically removed from the site one week after the judging finishes.
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF

That all sounds cool IP. I'll just register and see when this kicks off then. I'll try to restrain my rebellious side to purposefully submit something of "immoral taste."

cough.... japanese people invented a great way to share sources for thing like this.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2