A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: text input focus issue

text input focus issue

Looking to see if anyone has seen this issue:

I have an empty flash movie that loads an xml file and renders it to html. The xml file has the links to any media like jpgs and other swfs. Everything works fine except if I load a swf that has text input fields. In Firefox (and Safari), it simply won't let the user get focus of these text input fields to enter data. In IE windows, it works perfectly, but not Firefox.

If I load the swf with the text input fields by itself (as opposed to this xml setup), it works fine everywhere.

Anyone know of a fix for this? Btw, I'm working in Flash CS3 and AS3.

trace("AKA: Biro Barna");
    Could you post some code so that we can see how you're doing the whole focus thing ? If you ever using FocusEvent.FOCUS_IN and FocusEvent.FOCUS_OUT, it should work just fine.

| Windows MSN: birobarna [at] hotmail [dot] com | Skype: barna.biro |
    WebLog: http://blog.wisebisoft.com/ |
    | Software Developer / Flash & Flex Developer | Student ( Computer Science ) | Interested in: Sharing Knowledge |
    |
    Romanian Adobe Flash, Flex, AIR Forum: http://www.flashforum.ro/
    | By perseverance the snail reached the ark. |

Well, I'm not using any code to garner focus; the user should be able to just click the input field to enter info, right? Is it because I'm loading the swf into another swf through xml that I have to do this?
    The weird thing is that Windows IE has no problem letting the user click the input field and enter stuff. It's no go on Firefox and Safari.

Dang. It turned out to be a bug in the flash player plugin. Simply updating to the current browser plugin fixed it.