A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pleaaaase check my site! :D

Cow Icon Pleaaaase check my site! :D

There you go: http://www.blackspell.net

Hmmmh, the page is something like my personal playground or what some other people have as "lab" on their portfolios. Just... without the portfolio-part.

I want to have 64 little flash snippets on that page one day, but seeing how long it takes to make just one, I guess I will never make it.

The menu was made after many people said they didn't understand the old one ( seen here http://blackspell.net/6.html ) but somehow the new one doesn't work either, as it turned out to be too laborious for quickly accessing the different pages .... I'm sad but I don't know what else to do either...

Anyway, please take a look and leave a comment

Nice work

The only reason I can see that no one has commented on your site is that the navigation is unintuitive and people may have given up. The actual work is very original. The guest book idea is fun, and your design work is cool. The section with the different sites is very uniquely presented.

The navigation, sort of works but doesn't for one small reason. When I click on a link the nav bar moves away from my mouse. Totally unintuitive. Stop that from happening and I think ur site becomes really friendly to use.

Kudos, good work.
    Last edited by saracenvii; 11-03-2008 at 07:23 AM.

Here's my positive take:
    I liked it overall because the load time was normal and creatively it was fresh.
    The menu was not hard to figure out

Here's what I was looking for:
    I thought when I clicked on the menu item that it would load.
    To see a pop-up icon on the menu is good but to click the menu and then click it again to load the “page” was not so good.
    It's like an extra step that could have / should have been combined into one step.

Overall not bad but one too many clicks for my taste....
    That would not stop me from visiting the site however.
    “Let no machine defeat you because you are human. The human mind is a mix of complications, doubts and lunacy. Machines use logic therefore they are not fit to compete against us!!” Hidef1080 2008...... (mental patient)

You're both right... I finally updated the menu and got rid of that extra click - and now it really feels a lot better and quicker. I'm happy, thanks a lot!

Glad ur happy. Could you return the favor on my post?