dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: US Presidential election underway

doItLikeThis
    @EVPohovich: That is the most childish, self-centered and stupidest comment I have seen, ever. Not funny in any sense, pure kiddy stuff.

Ban me I don't care.
    -Aditya

Quote Originally Posted by EVPohovich
    **** all of you...
    Do not test me.....I WILL temp ban *****es for 5 days if you cross me.
    wow, are you out of your mind?

I really hope that you are joking. I'm usually pretty good at picking up sarcasm. That's the most senseless post I've read in awhile. Even if it was a joke I still don't get it. Totally out of left field dude, I must have missed the part where people were arguing before you came and ranted. You don't speak for Americans.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    VR, thank goodness I realised a long time ago that one American cannot speak for all ...unless he is the President at some international chinwag, and even then, there will be those who disagree.

david
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

I like Obama, I'm proud of who we chose. Right now, I like the idea of him more than the real him...because I know he's a politician...he will say want people want to hear. So we'll have to see how he does in action. I think he will do well.

He ran a great campaign. He got a lot of people out to vote. He didn't have any major slipups. He killed McCain in the debates IMO. What is most refreshing is we have a smart president..a president able to convincingly speak his mind. He's young and energetic. I'm so glad he knocked off Hillary. Imagine Hillary vs. McCain...I would be depressed tonight no matter what the outcome.

He had a lot of help too...from Bush. Bush destroyed any chance of McCain winning, because people pretty much saw black and white. McCain=Republican=Bush. People forget how moderate McCain really is. He has many republican enemies. He's a good guy and gave a nice speech tonight, but he is too old and he kinda lost his mind in the end..can't really blame him, he tried, but cards were stacked against him.

I won't miss Bush. Not many people will. I'm tired of looking at his chimp face. No, you can't blame the poor sap for everything, but he certainly didn't help much at home. And abroad? He destroyed our reputation, which was already going downhill. But he didn't stop there, he burnt it to the ground and then pissed on the ashes for good measure. As of now his presidency can only be seen as disasterous.
    Last edited by Visionray; 11-05-2008 at 04:58 AM.

mr. petley where have you been? good to see you here.

just when I thought you'd all lost your minds you find them again. It took 8 ****ing years though y'all!

Let's hope he can live up to the worlds expectations.

Kudos to McCain for his generous concesssion speech

Quote Originally Posted by EVPohovich
    **** all of you...

Do not test me.....I WILL temp ban *****es for 5 days if you cross me.
    idiot.
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    I think (as a US citizen) you have a right to be proud of the choice, and the voter turnout. There are many people worldwide who applaude the choice made today (not that that seems to have impacted on some here).

He did run a great campaign, and he makes a vey good speech. not only the words, but even more, how he manages the words...it was very impressive to watch.

david

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visionray
    mr. petley where have you been? good to see you here.

ditto, was pleased to see you post

I come and visit sometimes when there is fun stuff going on and I have a bit of time...otherwise, still glued to my computer for SWiSHzone, wishing I was somewhere where computers and mobile phones didn't work.

david

indeed, he has the potential to become a truly great orator.

I think it is fantastic that he managed to mobilize [sic] the disenfranchised electorate that would never normally turn out to vote. IMO that was the Republican parties undoing, the majority are dissolutioned with them but the majority don't normally make the effort to vote.
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

I'm excited but only tentatively. A LOT remains to be seen. I'm curious how much support he'll have the first time things go bad. I wonder how many times he'll be referred to as Obama the first black president. Yes, it's a historic new chapter in black history but his color was never his platform I really hope everyones vote was based on issues.

It may not bear of immediate concern to me, where I am right now or what I am doing, though subconciously I smiled upon learning of his victory -- but anyways, congrats to President Barrack Obama and his hard-earned victory. Kudos~

Congratulations to Obama and those who voted for him. People who think non-americans have nothing to do with the elections or that the elections have nothing to do with non-americans are wrong.

I might not be able to vote but I like to think that the tidal wave of international criticism levied at the previous republican administration through message boards and on the streets may have helped in some miniscule, almost insignificant way

Quote Originally Posted by david petley
    wow, radical thinking...you should run for president in 2012
    (campaigning soon to begin)

(in case image doesn't work)

Finally over - exhausted. Good fight, here's hoping better times are ahead.
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

I am so very glad Obama won this, and we can now call him President Obama.
    I wish Barack Obama and Joe Biden the best of luck in the coming years.

To the republican party and what they believe...
    Some will say that now that Obama is in office, that the war in Iraq is lost.
    Well, setting aside what we, the democrats believe about the war in Iraq right or wrong,
    I say this to you:

Saddam is done. The war is won.
    It's time to move on, and get that bastard that actually did attack us.
    We will keep you around to help keep an eye on things over there in Iraq,
    and to help teach the Iraq people to defend themselves to your satisfaction.

I hope some sanity is now able to re-enter Washington.
    Time to pull togehter, and to help affect that change we have voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by david petley
    ah, I see ...it really is quite a different approach to government from ours. One day I will try and figure it out.

Tacking on non-election issues such as dog racing and dope smoking laws (which would just be decided by elected officials here) seems very strange.

david
    They're called referendums, and are usually there at a state or local level. Typically used to approve amendments to the state constitution, but also there to approve spending, consolidation, and other government decisions they wish the electorate to weigh in on. Basically a sign that they can't come to a complete consensus, or that an issue is big enough that it requires a permanent change to the state constitution.

Some are required by state law ... for instance it's law that all spending by local school boards on facilities over a certain dollar amount must be approved by the local electorate.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eggs-in-Wisconsin
    Saddam is done. The war is won.
    A war is not won till a stable government exists in the nation you destroyed. History has shown that leaving a vacuum attracts rather bad people.

It's time to move on, and get that bastard that actually did attack us.
    he is dead and from what I have read and heard much of al-qaida is pretty much destroyed.

It will be interesting to see how the usual suspects behave, according to Biden we should expect some saber rattling.. I imagine Iran, NK and perhaps even Russia to get a little cranky.

Anyway.. Obama is a very intelligent person, Intelligent enough to overcome his shortcomings. His cabinet appointments should tell us alot about what his presidency will be like
    Last edited by TallGuyLittleCar; 11-05-2008 at 12:14 PM.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

wow I thought I could take one more day of news coverage but I can't. I think I'll have to start listening to music again.

can this thread be locked. id love to not see another politics thread until 2012. that really would be the cats meow.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

At least until the first major policy decision or the cabinet is picked.

Quote Originally Posted by CVO Chris
    Congratulations to Obama and those who voted for him. People who think non-americans have nothing to do with the elections or that the elections have nothing to do with non-americans are wrong.
    hey, are you out of your mind? it's not like one of the main issues both candidates focused on was foreign policy...why would ANY person in ANY other country outside the US would care.

And to be fair, I think EVP's post was directed to the people of Irak, because they really shouldn't care about who's the new US president. And if any person from Venezuela is happy about Obama winning, they're stupid, because it's not like McCain being president could also mean there'd be a remote possibility of another invasion to another country.

But really, EVP is right, it's the US who chose their president, and it's them and only them who should feel responsible for making it happen and for chosing one candidate. It's almost, but almost, just almost, like if we could say the same when THEY elected Bush.

And really, if they decide to go to war with some other country, I'll personally shoot every person that says something against that, because, and I quote:
    WE, the AMERICAN people, chose our President. You had nothing to do with it, so you have no say in what happens.
    Last edited by argonauta; 11-05-2008 at 02:26 PM.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.