A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: page flip with loaded pdf files in Flex?

page flip with loaded pdf files in Flex?

A client found this page flip demo made in Flex. And he was wondering if it was possible to make something similar that reads the content of a directory filled with pdf files. Shows that list of files like the chapters in a book. And when you would then click on the name of the pdf file, it would open it and you would go through the pages like you do in the example above.

I'm never really made anything with Flex myself, so i'm not sure the above is even possible with Flex? Or does anyone know any Flash/Flex apps that do the thing I described above? Loading all the pdf files, opening them and click through them with the page flipping?

Thumbs down Pdf Files into Flex .....

Hi there,

This was quiet interesting and I found this on it:
    Code:
    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/flex/quickstart/scripting_pdf.html
    and this
    Code:
    http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=PDF_1.html
    but unfortunatly like so many things you seem not to be able to do it in Flex 3.

Regards aktell

Quote Originally Posted by Tijmen_S
    A client found this page flip demo made in Flex.
    Very nice.

Here's a page flip magazine example. Different to the demo you shared, it has a toolbar. When click the page corner, the page flips. Cool item! I really appreciate the work you shared.

Considering that this thread was started in 2006 YES this page flip magazine example is to date the best !!! I researched this all again last year and must had tested around 60 or even more and by far this Kvisoft was ahead all others as it is what it had promised where as most of the others did not!
    So my personal research over weeks would like to fully support this professional Page Flip Book from Kvisoft. regards aktell