A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: quick question, flash or after effects...just curious

quick question, flash or after effects...just curious

hi folks,

well I saw recently a site that called a lot my attention, for its gorgeous lightning and transition effects, and I am actually trying to create something like that for an intro, just wondering if you think the effects in the intro were done merely in flash or if they were done in AF, also the light transitions when the page opens, that is the website:

http://www.redds.pl/main.html

thanks

Im going to say both.. but with some of the cutting edge stuff people can do in flash, you can never tell.. however Im still going to go with 'both'..

thanks for your answer whispers, well that is what I was thinking as well, hard to tell anyways as you said. I am wondering if someone can give me a link or recommend me some good resources on AE and flash integration, thanks again.

It's hard to be sure without asking them / decompiling the file.

I'd say both as well, some parts are clearly videos, like when the bottle comes in. Other parts are just Flash, like the squishy buttons that launch the site. I think the swooshy sparkly effects are probably small transparent videos, mostly for performance reasons.

Just doing everything in Flash for the sake of it often isn't the best idea. Best use the right tool for the job, and for most of this I'd say a combination of AE (for the effects) and Flash (for the interactivity) is what I'd do.

thanks for your answer, I started to take a look at some tutorials in lynda about after effects, I have long time working with flash/PS/IL but completely new to AE . from what I've seen it seems to be much more natural (easier) to achieve such effects in AE, and like you say to add interactivity in using flash, if you know of some other good resources to learn AF appart from lynda.com please let me know thanks!

This book is really good:
    http://www.amazon.com/Flash-After-Ef...dp/0240810317/

I don't get much chance to use AE, I do most of my work just in Flash.