dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: need comments

need comments

Hi,

been looking at this for far too long now and completely lost any ablility to make a judgement - can anyone offer some constructive comments?

thanks
    Last edited by inquizard; 11-13-2008 at 03:53 PM.

what's your goal? what's the purpose of the graphic?

it's just a logo - bit worried about it being readable. not bothered about the effects, more the shape ( probably made it a bit confusing for everyone with the effects....oops)

Hi, its not really readable, you need some contast, if it important its needs to have some focus... make it stand out more

D

Hi guys,

forgot to say earlier - thanks for the comments...

My fault for not really being clear earlier - it's not the effects i was looking for comment on - more the readability of the shape ( definitely my fault - should have been clearer.)

i've attached a plain version for you to look at.

i guess it's the style which is annoying me - the more i look at it, it looks a bit mis-mash of seperate styles and half-arsed. Im probably going to loop the leg on the "n" to match the curve of the "q" to see what that looks like...
    Last edited by inquizard; 11-13-2008 at 03:53 PM.

yeah, it's all over the place.

the last three letters are one shape, while the beginning letters are all spaced out. The N should take the same shape as the U, only inverted. The beginning i is too small which makes my eye skip over that automatically. Maybe if you made that i take the same idea of the second one and have the bottom cut off of it and became part of the shape of the N.

Also, i just noticed that you have an A in there also....i guess it works as the A doesn't ahve to be pronounced to say your name correctly. However, if it's an important part of what you're trying to say, you might want to put a small triangle in the open area to emphasize the letter.

That's just a couple ideas i had while looking at it, but i could see that whole thing taking a completely different turn once you make those changes.

Not a bad start though.

thanks for the comments lefteyewilly, i'll have another go today and see what happens.

feeling a lot better about this approach...
    Last edited by inquizard; 11-24-2008 at 01:33 PM.