A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: God-damn !!

Yo Soy Heee Maaahn!
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Quote Originally Posted by FlashLackey
    Yo Soy Heee Maaahn!
    He seriously said He-Man longer than the old Birdman intros...

Impressive.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Does good and evil flip south of the equator argo? That there is sin's body.

argonauta, i want more

Banned
    I see the 'God-believers' as a bunch of selfish heads. What is the need for a believer to think that God exists. Well, I can tell you for sure that one who believes in god is very happy by the way he/she is till this moment. He assumes it to be the work of god. The believer does not even bother to know about the beggars on streets. The believer is happy to say - Its the beggars fate that he is suffering. Now what has that got to do with me? God has gifted me a good life. Now lets say that God has gifted you a wonderful life, so then whats the meaning of "Everyone are children of God" ? The beggars and all the people who suffer in this world are not God's children? If someone named "God" exists, he has to be someone who "always" wishes in the good of "every" individual. Imagine God blessing people who are only there to praise him. Sounds like- you pray me and I bless you. "Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom", has to be rephrased to "Fear of God is the seed of ignorance". Why fear of anything that can not help a poor? Why fear of anything that can not listen? Why fear of anything that can not see? If this is true that "God sees everything and knows everything.", then is he helpless?? Man has created so many things, man has destroyed so many. Man is a highly evolved and intelligent creature ever lived on earth. And yet, there is one big drawback to his intelligence. He can think of so many possibilities that he ends up creating an illusion of something which grows in him day after day. This we call as faith. A faith in something which one can not feel but something that drives one crazy if he begins to deny in its existance - The 'God'. For some, the faith grows in them as they grow, some just blindly believe in it, some are inherited, some say that the faith is because they had experienced God. Whatever it is, its all a minds thing. Yet someone who can be of no help to the people in need, is of such great importance to this world. Fairy tales about God, and what God did in the past as per the books and beliefs CAN NOT be the answer to the people who suffer in this world. Its just an excuse to escapism. If he really does exist, then what is he busy doing at the time of crisis? The one who believes in God just because he/she and the family is safe because of God's grace will continue to believe so even if something goes wrong all of a sudden The reason? Human mind, or call it the Human weakness. Its even more pathetic when you see a person who has already had enough suffering in his life continues to believe in God because his mind just cant accept its denial.

As deepakflash said,
    Imagine a world where nobody has time to even think about God, just love the people, and most importantly DO NO HARM.. Dont you think God will give you the ticket to heaven(assuming heaven and God existed)

Its highly impossible to make a believer believe that there is NO GOD despite a truck load of evidence.
    What an athiest(like me) need is, an evidence of God. Let god cure all the world's suffering in a fraction of second if he is 'superpowerful', if not let him come and stand before me for a minute and talk to me and I am ready to fall in God's feet and beg. I believe I have all the dignity to see a God if I haven't done any sin.
    ...But if you take a believer, its true to the core that he is in no mood to accept proofs from science no matter what you give.
    Their mind is already sealed with words of ignorance from a so called spiritual person. Most of these spiritual people are already rich from the money they take from these ignorant people. They spread ignorance in one place, take money and move to next place just like a virus. Some believers even find it hard to digest the fact that humans are made of flesh and not sci-fi soul waiting for heaven.
    Now how could you expect a rapid cure for such ignorance?

Telling what God did in the Past can not be the cure for a leper who is there in the street begging for his entire life time.

During Tsunami what was god doing? Was he busy checking his email? Or busy preparing extra beds in heaven to accomodate the good souls died in tsunami?

Are believers so ignorant? Or should I say, the believers are too innocent?
    If God has visited earth in the past, then why not now? If you say that the world is so polluted with evil things happening that God is in no mood to come down to earth, or you might say God is thinking of an alternative, or God already has prepared another world for all 'believers'.. Or whatever, these are some I can imagine of how a spiritual person desperately tries to exploit the innocence of ignorant people.
    Is there anyone who witnessed God's 'new' world? Or did God whisper it into a spiritual person's ear that this is how things are supposed to be in future, go and spread my message to this world? Both can not happen.

Brush aside everything, just imagine God showing his presence to this world for a minute. I bet all the evil things happening now will end there, terrorists will **** in their pants fearing of God, nobody will ever dare to do anything destructive. Hence if God proves that he is around, I only see good things to follow thereafter which is really a good thing to happen.
    But God will never show up even to the hardcore believer's eyes. All you believers have is a spiritual person spraying words of imagination. Collect the words and fill it in your basket, go home and sleep peacefully thinking about the glorious things he said and with all your hopes burried deep under the basket.
    You dont even take an attempt to know what is behind it, we athiest atleast attempt to figure out something. You people are helpless. Why helpless? Because you dont even cry out. You are all in deep sleep, a life long hibernation ...

The God-believers really dont know what they are doing and why? Its like you tell a four year old child - if you eat this chocolate you will become like the superman on TV, and the child blindly does it. Similarly, most of the god-believers blindly go by what has been taught to them by the elders, or what is there in some spiritual books. If "Peter Pan" is a fairy tale book for kids then spiritual books are fairy tale books for adults. These elders dont even know who is Charles Darwin and what is meant by "evolution". They still believe that humans just popped out from God's mouth, or whatever. There are solid proofs suggesting that humans have evolved from apes. Spiritual books and granny's tale about God say that God created humans only a few thousand years back. The truth is that humans evolution dates back to 5 million years. Monkeys became apes and then gradually became humans.

wtf.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Oh great.

I thought we had reached the whargarbl threshold for this plane of existence.

I was wrong.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

you are wrong, I still have 1000 photos of Adriana Lima to be posted
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by PAlexC
    whargarbl
    I used this term today to a crowd of odd looks... only one other person got it and almost fell in the floor laughing.

Oh. Discussions about whether God exists or not proves that you're a newbie when it comes to Internet (and discussions). Everybody else should know that these debates never will get you anywhere since faith is faith.

Congrats to Fu_King for writing a post too long for most of us to bother reading.

I read the part about humans popping out of god's mouth, and his arguments lost any credibility.

If I wanted to argue about Quantums or Hadrons, I'd read up about all the books there are before coming up with a response.

Just a sidetrack here: If monkeys became apes, which became humans, then what do humans become? Ready for the answer? Check my siggy...

Banned
    Humans will be remembered in future as the most intelligent creatures 'ever' lived on earth. I really dont think there is even a possibility of an advanced creature to re-appear after human extinction. The cause of human extinction will most certainly be humans. 'In the name of God' half of the human population will kill the remaining half. Because, they always have a solid faith and belief in caste, community, race, religion, and above all, faith in 'The God'.. what more do you need?
    I hear lot of believers say: there's no harm in believing in God anyway.
    Lol, ignorance is again the answer: People's religious views inform their voting, how they raise their children, what they think is moral and immoral, what laws and legislation they pass, who they are friends and enemies with, what companies they invest in, where they donate to charities, who they approve and disapprove of, who they are willing to kill or tolerate, what crimes they are willing to commit, and which wars they are willing to fight. How could any reasonable person think that religious beliefs are insignificant.

I'm not going to miss you.

Here's a concept. As things didn't go well here try joining a group which shares your ideology more closely.

Or rather then complaining about the world pull a Ghandi.
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Fu_king
    Humans will be remembered in future as the most intelligent creatures 'ever' lived on earth.
    Remembered by who? Squirrels? Dolphins? Mice?

The cockroaches.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusVS
    Remembered by who? Squirrels? Dolphins? Mice?
    The Canadians.

did I say that or think that?
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

I think you meant Russell Peters.