A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: God-damn !!

Whoever said it was God doing the hurting? Perhaps dominion over humans passed to the Devil and we were not alerted.
    If god is a supernatural then why does he allow such things to happen?? People say God has all the strength. But he cant even feed a begger?

some say that god will give them 72 virgins if they strap a bomb to their chest and walk into a childrens school and blow it up.

the term God is a tool used in scare tactics.

the sooner people realize that "god" is just a spectator, and that we control our lives and our destinys, the sooner the whole world will be better.

Take responsibility for your own actions, and help others when you can.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by deepakflash
    If god is a supernatural then why does he allow such things to happen?? People say God has all the strength. But he cant even feed a begger?
    Learn your Bible... God won't help people that won't help themselves. There's no food in the desert. Move to where the food is at.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

God won't help people that won't help themselves. There's no food in the desert.
    wow. God himself can not step forward to help someone and so he wants people to help themselves and then he will take the credit?
    Fine. So how on earth will these poor starving african people and beggars in the world gonna help themselves??

Move to where the food is at.
    Food is in USA. So now should they pack their bags and leave to US?

deepak you are missing the point completely.

God neither asks for or deserves credit. He does not cause the problems of the world Or solves them.

The first problem with this whole fking thread, is you need to define what god you are talking about.

is it god, father of jesus? is it allah? or is it any of the many greek gods? zues maybe?

Each "god" has there own set of guidlines for how they took care of thier people. rules that thier followers must follow in order to be in the "gods" good graces.

This whole arguement is moo. Until someone can verify 100% that there is a god. there needs to be solid proof, and a book written along time ago is not solid proof. just because someone wrote something does not mean that its contents are real.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

wow. God himself can not step forward to help someone and so he wants people to help themselves and then he will take the credit?
    Name one time outside of the Bible that God has made his presence physically known.
    Fine. So how on earth will these poor starving african people and beggars in the world gonna help themselves??
    It would be the same for a person in an abusive relationship. Leave the best way you can from a harmful environment.
    Food is in India, Germany, France, Australia, Israel, Saudi Arabia and England as well. Not all of the food is in the US. Nor does all of the aid to the world come from the US either.

You are now mixing in religion with other personal concepts. Stick to one thing at a time.

deepakflash, are you not aware that there are much better sources for the answers you seek than the FlashKit coffee lounge?

Have you read the bible? Have you read even one book or document by any theologian discussing these issues? How about the catechism? Or, is your concept for what other people believe derived entirely from your imagination and not what they have explained?

If you were genuinely interested in this subject and not more so in letting the world know how much better you are than others, I think you would have an easy time finding information.

You witnessed a horrific event and it inspired you to publicly chastise religious people? Think about that for a second and tell me what that says about your concept of kindness.

Your turn.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    Name one time outside of the Bible that God has made his presence physically known.
    Maybe something to help out..

Genesis 1:26 where "God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" but I suppose this is not describing physical image or likeness. That would contradict HQ 112 which is used as a yardstick for anyone claiming to be God.

According to HQ 112 God must be:

1. One!
    2. the eternally Besought of all!
    3. one who neither begets nor was begotten.
    4. And there must be nothing comparable unto Him.

If anyone claiming to be God fails on any of the above he is not God but he did appear as a bush on fire to Abraham aka Moses
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

Hq 112?

from Futurama:
    God: Bender, being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you, and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch. Like a safecracker, or a pickpocket.
    Bender: Or a guy who burns down a bar for the insurance money!
    God: Yes, if you make it look like an electrical thing. When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
    God is different in the mind of every person that believes in her, as no matter what religion you have, you also are an individual capable of having your own opinions and beliefs. The easiest path is not to think, and believe what others said, like believing in the contents of a book written and rewritten during a few centuries (the bible). Why is God so benevolent and loves us so much? Because we need to believe that, because we all want to be happy, and it's nice to think that somebody cares about us. It doesn't matter if she's evil or good to us, we'll still believe she loves us, because that's what we chose to believe....some women love their husbands, and when they get beaten, it's because their husbands loves them. We are twisted.

Those who dogmatically believe in God and her infinite love do think God forgives all sins and loves us and helps us, but as soon as something goes wrong they'll ask themselves why God is punishing them. Christianism (because I think you're referring to that God) is full of plotholes in the interpretation of their God, mainly because we know nothing about God (not even if she exists), so it's just beliefs.

But believing in something, even if you're wrong, doesn't mean you're wrong, specially when you don't know the truth.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

If "we are all" children of god then why does he love to see this children suffer? Why does he love to see innocent babies and women get killed? Why does he love to see his children begging on streets? And yet, why do people say he is kind and exists?

To all those believers, what makes you think he is kind and exists?

I would be surprised if I get an answer that is genuinely convincing.
    This is a really common and amateur skeptic's question.

There is a distinct difference between faith and empirical evidence. Faith only works with a lack of evidence, that's the entire point: you don't know for sure by observation, you simply have to choose to believe. If God came down and proved his existence to the entire world, unquestionably, would people believe and worship out of faith?

Faith is about trust in the unknown.

Now, to answer your question, Christians (or at least Catholics) believe that God gave each of us free will, and argue that that is his greatest gift to us. We have the choice to be faithful, or believe, or be skeptical. By proving his existence, demanding obedience, we are not faithful, we are subordinates.

So, why does God let bad things happen? If God directly intervened constantly, would there be faith? How would we act and conduct ourselves, and learn and grow, if nothing terrible ever happened? What would be the point of existence if there was a devine safety net for everything?

If we are truly special amongst God's creatures, in that we have free will, we have to be responsible for ourselves, just like a parent eventually has to let their kids fend for themselves.

If despite all the terrible things that can and do happen, we still have faith, and use that faith to get us through or to learn from it, we are faithful. Is it easy to lose faith in those situations? Absolutely? Is it wrong to? No, it's human to question, we have free will. A bit paradoxical? Absolutely.

To question the existence of God based on why bad things happen then, is pointless. You're seeking empirical evidence for something that requires trust and belief.

And, last I checked in the annals of theological debate, Aquinas left the burden of proof on the skeptic, to disprove the existence of God.

Take a few good Theology courses, you'll have a much more mature understanding of the concept.

/Jesuit educated
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Check out the pics of starving people in africa. They only have a thin layer of dark skin covering up their bones. Little children drink cows urine to survive. And what the **** is your kind and sweethearted God doing??
    Who's doing is that, God or man's? Should God undo man's errors directly? Or is God our inspiration for compassion to do the right thing and fix it ourselves? (God working "through" us?)

Also: "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Ben Franklin.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Hq 112?
    Holy Quran
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

You know, I never put that together. Damn I feel dumb.

You know, I never put that together. Damn I feel dumb.
    That's alright gods are myths anyway.

Human is the only thing that have progress since the first gods were created. Faith makes you believe in an idea that is steadily gaining credence and leads to some merits while having no faith is the opposite. Finding many gods for different thinking was the key for mass control in mythology and was replaced by unique god religions with broader range once all the words of wisdom were written.

Its a common sense to know that bureaucracy and banking is the biggest form of godlike formula on earth and only the choice of the mass will dict our future.

Are you saying that you worship Paul Volcker?

No. They should move to India -- plenty of cows to eat there.
    </my purposefully ignorant post of the day>
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Quote Originally Posted by FlashLackey
    Are you saying that you worship Paul Volcker?
    No, I worship no one except my balls

That is one religion that I have no interest in. Sorry.

Who's doing is that, God or man's? Should God undo man's errors directly?
    God has to exist to do something. I never said God does it.

Have you read the bible? Have you read even one book or document by any theologian discussing these issues?
    Sorry, no time for entertainment books.

No. They should move to India - plenty of cows to eat there.
    hanratty21 , this is not your first time. Gerbs you want this to be ignored again?

The first problem with this whole fking thread, is you need to define what god you are talking about.
    The Never existing God

Each "god" has there own set of guidlines for how they took care of thier people. rules that thier followers must follow in order to be in the "gods" good graces.
    Oh yeahhh?? They have guidelines to help people but never practically do it. Humans help not the God

Food in USA was only my random pick.

deepakflash, are you not aware that there are much better sources for the answers you seek than the FlashKit coffee lounge?
    Dont tell me the Bible(again)

If you do too much, people get dependent on you, and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch. Like a safecracker, or a pickpocket.
    "If you do too much..." Sorry, when was that?

Those who dogmatically believe in God and her infinite love do think God forgives all sins and loves us and helps us, but as soon as something goes wrong they'll ask themselves why God is punishing them
    I just need one example to say that God loves? Not a quote from a book(please).. Its only a blind belief that God will forgive you . If only you exist you have a chance to forgive and punish someone. If something goes wrong its matter of "chance" if not because of their own mistake. Now where does god come into scene?

Finding many gods for different thinking was the key for mass control in mythology and was replaced by unique god religions with broader range once all the words of wisdom were written.
    Many Gods?? How can God be many if its true to the core?

Ancient people believed it was god who brings down the rain. And such ignorance still continues in different versions. God Version1(allah), God Version2(Ram), God Version3(Jesus).. etc etc...

If God has given us all the power and freedom then what kind of freedom do you mean to those people who suffer with no legs, no hands, people starving, new born babies taken away by floods, people with terrible disease right from birth help himself so that god will help further? People are born poor and awaiting death any moment. Is this the freedom? Is this the love?

People generalise this topic when they say freedom. If you are able to sit in a refrigerated room and use your computer to reply to this post that only means selfishness. Thats only YOUR freedom.
    Last edited by deepakflash; 11-25-2008 at 03:26 AM.