I have some xml content being loaded into a movie clip. Currently, I've got it working with a scroll bar. I'd like to change the scroll bar to simple up & down arrows. It seems like this should be pretty straight forward but I think there must be some trick to it with the code or I'm having a very bad week with flash! I thought i could just modifiy the dragger code but no such luck. Here's my code with the scrollbar.

Actionscript
Code:
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Stage.scaleMode = "noscale";

/////////////////
// Loading XML //
/////////////////
myXML = new XML();
myXML.ignoreWhite = true;
myXML.load("portfolio.xml");
myXML.onLoad = function(_status) {
	if (_status) {
		tempxml = myXML.firstChild.childNodes;
		var path1 = myXML.firstChild.attributes.path1;
		var path2 = myXML.firstChild.attributes.path2;

var space = 25; // Space between items you can increase this to whatever
		for (var i = 0; i<tempxml.length; i++) {

var item = list_mc.attachMovie("clip", "clip"+i, i); // In the library, rightclick on item and choose linkage. You'll see that our items are represented in the code the "clip" name

item._y = (item._height+space)*i; // This places our items on y axis
			item.title_txt.text = tempxml[i].attributes.title; // For i<total, attaches a title i to our item
			//item.date_txt.text = tempxml[i].attributes.date; // For i<total, attaches a title i to our item
			item.descr_txt.text = tempxml[i].attributes.description; // This attaches a description i to our item
			//item.url_txt.text = tempxml[i].attributes.url; // And this one a url i to our item

//item.thumbHolder.loadMovie(tempxml[i].firstChild); // Attaches thumbnails to each item
			item.thumbHolder.loadMovie(path1 + tempxml[i].firstChild); // Attaches bw thumbnails to each item
			item.thumbHolderC.loadMovie(path2 + tempxml[i].firstChild); // Attaches color thumbnails to each item

item.onRollOver = function() {
				this.alphaTo(100, 2.0, "easeOutExpo");
				this.thumbHolder._visible = false;
			};

item.onRollOut = function() {
				this.alphaTo(100, 2.0, "easeOutExpo");
				this.thumbHolder._visible = true;
			};
			//item.btn.id = i;
			//item._alpha=75; // Sets an alpha = 50 to our items. This can be increased or decreased. It serves for the fade in/fade out effect
			//item.onRollOver = function() {
			//	this.alphaTo(100, 1, "easeOutExpo"); // When I rollOver each item, alpha goes smoothly to 100
			//};
			//item.onRollOut = function() {
			//	this.alphaTo(75, 1, "easeOutExpo"); // When I rollOut alpha goes back to 50 as it was. This value should be the same with the one above
			//};
			//item.onRelease = function()   {
			//	item.btn.getURL(this.url_txt.text,"_blank"); // When I click on an item, it opens an url (wich I set in the xml for each button) in a blank window of my browser
		//	};
		}

delete myXML;
	}
};

////////////////////////////
// Setting our scroll bar //
// We'll call it dragger ///
////////////////////////////
targY = 50;
abstandDragger = -195; // If you resize the items, or whatever you'll have to modify this value in order to have your dragger in the right x position
dragger._x = mask_mc._width+abstandDragger;

dragger.onRollOver = function (){
	this.colorTo("0xFFFFFF", 1, "easeOutExpo"); // The color code from here makes our dragger white. Change this to modify color
};

dragger.onRollOut = function (){
	this.colorTo("0x999999", 1, "easeOutExpo"); // The color code makes our dragger grey as it is in fact. This should be the same as dragger's color as shape ;)
};

dragger.onPress = function() {
	startDrag(this, false, this._x, 0, this._x, mask_mc._height-this._height); // Doesn't allow our dragger to get out of some coordinates
};

dragger.onRelease = dragger.onReleaseOutside=function () {
	stopDrag(); // Stops the mouse drag action
};

list_mc.setMask(mask_mc);
list_mc.onEnterFrame = function() {
	scrollAmount = (this._height-mask_mc._height)/(mask_mc._height-dragger._height);
	targY = -dragger._y*scrollAmount;
	this._y -= (this._y-targY)/10; // Scroll delay - Ease. Change this value to experiment
};

/////////////////////////////////////
// Setting the mouse wheel support //
/////////////////////////////////////
var dragger:Object = new Object();
dragger.onMouseWheel = function(delta) {
	if(this._y >= 3)
	{
    this._y -= delta;
	}else{
		this._y = 3;
	}
	if(this._y <= mask_mc._height-this._height)
	{
		this._y -= delta;
		}else{
			this._y = (mask_mc._height-this._height);
}
}
Mouse.addListener(dragger);

/////////
// End //
/////////