A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nothing's wrong...

Nothing's wrong...

but nothing's right. What's the deal with FK lately? Seems dead.

It's not because of the Holidays, for the first time we really didn't get a mad rush of kids during the Summer (northern hemisphere); however it seems like FK has really slowed down.

I can't put my finger on it. So what say you lot?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

seriously man. not to sound like an old guy where everything was better back in the day reminiscing on things in the past.... but this is just ridiculous.

Has everyone pissed everyone off enough to the point where we're not talking anymore? Like an almost divorced couple?

This sucks. I love this place and i'm bored.

Ah, my first customer.

It's not that this place sucks as much as it's just slowed down. We've insulted each other, given accolades to each other; whatnot. Maybe everybody is still taking the time to learn AS3 and CS4. I know that I've gotten incredibly busy with a job that's got me jumping in all directions.

So the CL has "died" a bit. What does it really mean? That we're that busy? That things are that bad? The economy also affected our posts?

Or do we need to shake some things up? Rate up past the G-rating to say a full-on PG-13 rating perhaps?

Or an insult the super moderator thread?

Or let Argonauta loose?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    natural up and downs? Seems things were hoping pre election.

THings seem to have steadily declined in the last few years... could be a decrease in the popularity of flash for sites. I know I have done a few redesigns of flash sites as of late.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

i blame the lack of official threads.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    Sorry.
    I've been busy... have I started a thread about the vicar who got the potato surgically removed from his bum yet?

As for Flash sites... We just got a couple grand in new projects this week strictly because our client's competition loved the new flash header I did for their site and wanted the same.
    (no mention at all of the google rank or uber-optomized html that has been tripling the unique traffic every month for the last quarter from search terms...)
    Flash ain't dead by any means... you just gotta use it sparingly where it's best suited... like most of us FK'ers always have.
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

We could bring back eaglevision or eaglewahteverwashisnick to spice it up again...

Okay, but seriously I have a hunch that real life is taking much too high a priority on FK's population. *Shudders* Whatever happened to entertainment?

Definitely not a lack of "flash work"...i'm up to my head in flash, as is the agency I work at.

I'd say that the CL is just not an easy place to jump in and make your home.

First off, people come to FK for flash help. 99% of the time, they find what they need and leave. Rarely does anybody find what they need, then stumble upon the CL to talk about non flash related topics. Most kids nowadays already have a "CL" they belong to on some other forum i'm sure.

I even find myself not reading half the threads anymore, due to lack of interest or lack of posting.

While eaglevision's, piperX's, gshock's, and flashkid's do in fact spice this place up, they tend to get old pretty quick or they get banned.

The FK boards look the same as they have for many years now.

I know several "large" boards, and no matter what, they redesign every year and release new features and whatnot every year to keep people returning. If not the entire site, then atleast parts of it. I'm ashamed by some of the things, for example, check out the Sound FX section (http://www.flashkit.com/soundfx/), we're still using the same "preview console" we used like, 5 years ago!

IMHO, this place had (has?) such a large userbase, and had such huge traffic, it's an untapped gold mine since everything just stays the same. All the newly appointed mods of the respective sections really amped up the traffic by creating threads that involved so many people and whatnot, but that's probably not gonna be enough to resurrect FK back to the "old times".

</rant> Now i'm gonna go hibernate for a few months again

Holy crap, in other news, after posting I just checked my own sig, and it seems both Wireframe AND Bionic-Systems have revamped their site with new work!

Two of the best studios in the world, I can't believe I missed this for so long

Check em out -
    http://bionicsystems.de/
    http://www.wireframe.co.za/

Passion drives lounge forums.

I think we're less driven by our passions and more by our intelect.
    Maybe we are all jaded/burned out by politics/world affairs.

....We could always find another forum to pick on.

Then again not really the FK way.

Yeah bring back EagleVision. CL is boring without kids

I think it is the lack of response in threads. I don't really go to too many other boards but most subjects get a few responses at least. I have posted a few threads recently that just faded into nothing. Or the responses are all the same.

I feel that here in the CL you will either get "cool find" or "it was on digg why did you post it here?" The only threads that get a lot of responses are political and I am way over those.

I need to get back to my papers that are due in an hour...end of my useless input
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I blame it on the boogie :jacksonfive: that and mind control
    "All men are equal. All men, that is, who possess umbrellas."
    E.M. Forster

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    too much salt in the wounds??

Everyone's either Cynical/Misunderstood/Offending/Juvenile with a small percentage getting caught up in life -are we growing up in terms of internet years??-

Let's get some sort of bonus program thing going on, like FK Miles, or Bytes or scoring system or something

starts chant
    bring back flashkid
    bring back flashkid
    bring back flashkid
    bring back flashkid
    bring back flashkid
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

do it 95 more times infront of a mirror while naked and he will posses you, Wait, I think it's starting to work already

I dont think many of you guys visit other forums here at FK..

I agree the CL is 'sssss-lllllll-ooooo-wwwww'....(because only the same people post the same stuff more or less).... but other parts are busy for the most part.

at least the general and freelance sections.... (any of you tards good with AS...go to the AS forum and answer my post..you bums)

or to the Photography forum and answer mine you LAZEEEE bums

To many sites, not enough time. Plus kids are spending more time on my space and places like that than hitting places like this.
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio