A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Holidays... now let's end the year properly.

Happy Holidays... now let's end the year properly.

I'm sorta stealing an idea I saw over on another site. Post in this thread if you want a special feel-good message about you, hand-crafted by yours truly.

All in the name of holiday cheer.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I think we all need a feel good message after they fired "original site-pal girl."

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    How about something like:

2009 will make 2008 a thing of the past...

Wasn't the greatest year for me...at least not since September...before that, it was pretty good...hoping for more in the new year!!!

Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis F5
    I think we all need a feel good message after they fired "original site-pal girl."
    Genesis... Genny... for years, I thought you were a girl for the longest time... mainly due to allowing yourself to be called "Genny"... and the self-admitted tupperware parties.

But you are definitely a coder at heart, like a code MacGyver. Able to take a ball of string, a couple of operands and create magic. Too bad you don't showcase more of your talents here. And honestly, one of the more stable people in this madhouse.

And don't worry. The Original Site Pal girl got "work" elsewhere. I'd bet on it.

Continued success and best of luck to you in 2009. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by flashpipe1
    How about something like:

2009 will make 2008 a thing of the past...

Wasn't the greatest year for me...at least not since September...before that, it was pretty good...hoping for more in the new year!!!
    Flashpipe... the feel good Flash "hippy". Dude, I don't care whatever you post, I keep mentally referring back to your pictures of you and your family's costumes - which were awesome but I just can't see you unhappy man!

Sorry to hear that since September things have not been good to you - I think you'll find that September/October was harsh for a lot of folks, so you're in good company - and you've become a poster that I tend to seek out if I've allowed myself to get into a bad mood or fed up with some of the repetitive questions. You handle yourself better than most with the patience of a saint.

Keep doing what you do man. You're a shining star here at FK in my book.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    Is there anything good to say for me?
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonsplace
    Is there anything good to say for me?
    There's plenty. You took solid blows to your Mac hatred by a person that honestly doesn't even fall for the "cult of the Mac" himself - me. I get your point, it was such an outpouring that I had to figure out why; and I did. We're past that now.

You've shown yourself to have a broad knowledge of a lot of things, a jack of a lot of trades basically. You're not a dumb person in the least. And by listening to your comments, you influenced me to get a Zune as well.

With that said, you're a good, wholesome person. It comes through in your posts. And you're quite helpful. Glad you're still around and posting. And if anything, I'm quite sure you'll do something great in your life due to your solid set of morals.

And don't worry... I'll drink your share of the eggnog to keep you honest

gerbs...
    man what can i say. you've contributued more to my career than you'll probably ever know. Every time i've contacted you about certain graphics i'm creating, whether it's the arena or personal stuff, you've always told exactly how it is, with no sugar coating, and every piece of advice has been spot on. I can't thank you enough for that.

we'll run into each other someday, and when that happens, i'll have a case of beer and a bottle whiskey waiting for you.

Ah, Lefteye. The reluctant designer.

Dude, you came into the (then) newborn Arena full of self-doubt and other negatives. They weren't even necessary. You quickly went from a "man, my **** sucks" to "damn, that's not bad at all" from your own criticisms when you had the talent all the time anyway.

People tend to be their own harshest critic.

Now, you're doing what I'd rather be doing... showcasing your creativity (within the corporate confines) but you're making a living off of what you used to say you "sucked" at. Imagine that.

Just wished I had time when you hit Charlotte last year - when you called, I was still in the office until 1am that night because of a unexpected expedited deadline - went from 4 weeks away to 4 hours. Dead serious.

However, I'm glad to see you believed in yourself. Happy holidays and I'll drink an extra swig of something imported for you.

I would love to be blessed by the all mighty gerbatron.

oh oh me me!

I am my moms slave for one more day and she is going crazy getting ready for her little holiday party so when I get back(and prob a few drinks in) I will try and write something.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by creativeinsomnia
    I would love to be blessed by the all mighty gerbatron.
    Naw dude... I'm blessed to know you. We rarely talk via IM - you're too busy, I'm too busy - but you know a ton of stuff in the oddest areas. I needed to know how to do a banner/ad with some tracking... blammo. You knew the answers. You were the man in a few other situations where I just didn't know jack crap and you came through like a champion.

I respect your knowledge and candor. Easily one of the funniest dudes here at FK.

Cheers to you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    oh oh me me!
    One of the most capable photographers that I know despite a more than passing resemblance to Danzig's version of Wolverine. But you roll with the punches - even the ones where you were labeled "emo", which for once I don't think I was 100% behind, much unlike me being fully behind Starkey having a mullet, he never escaped that one - and keep on going. But seriously dude, sometimes your decision making process baffles me. But, I attribute that to your artistic ways.

You're a bit OCD, perhaps idealistic, with the "official" threads, but you intended to bring order in the world of CL entropy; it "worked"... somewhat. But with people like silverx2 or me running around, the order won't last long.

And yes. I need to buy some more prints from you. The first two went over damn well dude.

Well I have a few hundred more to go through and process so when they are all done up I will link you.

Thanks for the kind words, really appreciate it. Times are pretty tough right now so it really brought the spirits up.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis F5
    I miss the original site pal girl. That british accent was so sexy.

No need to write me up G. I've always had great respect for you and yet is was you who established a friendship with me. It's eerie how many times I felt like we were brothers from different mothers. I doubt there's a single part of my childhood I can reference that you don't relate to. Your positive disposition regardless of what you're going through always helps me refocus and I consider that a true blessing in my life.

To you other Fk'rs who've hired me, sought my input or otherwise connected outside of FK, thank you. I know you're just iFriends until we meet in person but the vote of confidence is very real.

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    I could certainly use a kind word or two... amazing that a simple thread like this makes you realize how your day to day life misses that..., but first there's one or two things I have to say...

Gerbs, it's very rare to come across someone like you either in reallife or on the web.
    Probably no one else I've met online has more of my respect than you.
    The nuggets of wisdom I've gained from reading some of your words have helped me more than a few times in dealing with others.
    Your depth of knowledge and ability to engage in such a plainspoken and to-the-point manner is as refreshing as it is entertaining.
    Your artistic style blew me away when I first saw it in the arena, (still does) and since then you have been an inspiration and kind of a personal "bar" that I guage my own work against.
    There's a lot more I could say, but I'll keep it short and finish by saying if there's one person on here who's autobiography I'd most like to read, it would be yours.
    Your experiences and storytelling are fixating and someday I'd love to sit down and read all the details that shaped you to be the big guy we all know and love.
    Merry Christmas, Gerbs.
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

Quote Originally Posted by Frets
    I miss the original site pal girl. That british accent was so sexy.
    Frets, my supermod brother. You have more guitars and knowledge about guitars than I will ever get in three lifetimes. And your stance of anti-Flash - I know, you're a Swish man - is backed up by your ability to point out what does what well.

Your logic in that area sometimes makes me wonder why you don't see some things the same way as I do - look at the Microsoft/Bill Gates thread to see how we opposed each other in a simple way of perception.

But that's what makes us different. Keep on, brother. Keep on.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    No need to write me up G. I've always had great respect for you and yet is was you who established a friendship with me.
    Naw, I can't let you get away with that request dude.

Simply put, out of the rest of the FK'ers here, dunno man. We're kindred spirits. And by now, you should know that I hold your ability to understand more than just code in the highest regard.

And you should know that by now, I feel that your future paths are wide open. I need to make that trip up north man... hit you and VR up at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Rogue
    I could certainly use a kind word or two... amazing that a simple thread like this makes you realize how your day to day life misses that...
    Thanks for the kind words. And I have plenty of kind words to say back to you.

You have my respect not because we agree more often than not - we agree at a deep level about a lot of things, but we get there usually by totally different means. I meander... a lot. I just talk straight because I saw the curves. You, my man... you're a lot more straight to the point than I sometimes (can be allowed)... tend to be Damn modship still gets in my way sometimes.

One of the few people on the boards that makes me laugh and think usually in the same sentence. And that's rare.

My blessings to to you and your family.