A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Holidays... now let's end the year properly.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    Post in this thread if you want a special feel-good...
    Ain't nuthin you can post here that lives up to my definition of a 'special feel-good' anything.

*off to massage parlor*

Happy Xmas to all...and to all a happy ending!
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Quote Originally Posted by hanratty21
    Ain't nuthin you can post here that lives up to my definition of a 'special feel-good' anything.

*off to massage parlor*

Happy Xmas to all...and to all a happy ending!
    HAHAHAHAHA!

If anything, even if you were being 100% truthful - and no, I do not doubt that you were not - you're still the ****ing man to me. From stocks to wine - I'm still drinking Albariño wine thanks to your excellent recommendations - to common sense to penis pump jokes to basically undercutting everybody with brute force. You cover it all and do it well. Your sense of humor took me a while to come to grips with; but to me you're damn hilarious. And sometimes say a truth in such a way that makes me downright jealous.

So here's a nice **** you... and Happy Holidays back to you. Enjoy your happy ending.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Cheers to you and your family.
    Thanks gerbs, you've bailed me out of a few situations as well. Its always nice to have the gerbapedia on quick dial IM when you need it.

Hope you and your family have a great holiday!

Gerbick, what an impressive action, even if you "took it from another site."

In the words of the most wise and humbling Tiny Tim, "God bless us, every one!"
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

I'll bite... whatup gerbs.
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashLackey
    I agree. Even if the concept came from another site, the kind words tailored to the individuals on this site are unique. In reading what you had to say about me, I realized that you knew a lot more about me than I thought you did. You can see it in every post you've written. Even though some of us may drive you crazy sometimes, you;ve still shown that you care. Thank you.

I have learned a lot from you over the years and truly respect your opinions. When I'm looking for advice and I see a post that you've written I do consider it heavily. You are very smart and a wonderful person for sharing your knowledge with the world. It shows that you do care about others. This thread shows it again on an even deeper level.

Merry Christmas.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashLackey
    Mr. FlashLackey... it's almost too easy to antagonize you. There cannot be a hero without a nemesis. A Caesar without a Brutus. A yin without the yang...

And oddly enough, we're not that dissimilar. I tend to pick your brains to see what you're thinking. Yes, we've been at odds with each other, but it's a scholarly "at odds".

Meaning there is merit in what you say, what you do, and your opinion and insight, I tend to seek it out to broaden my view of the world. You're one intelligent dude, no doubt. Opinionated and stubborn. We're alike there. And if anything, it goes unsaid too many times; you have my respect.

And politic differences aside, you're one hell of a talent. Continued success for you in '09 and Happy Holidays to you and your family. May you continued to be blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by robbmcaulay
    I'll bite... whatup gerbs.
    Like Wannabe, you're the photographer that made me want to buy a decent camera... and then made me want to break it. I lurk the living hell out of your site looking at how you do your shots. Do you know how hard it is to steal genius? Do you know how hard it is to copy your natural ability?

I do. And I usually end with a half of a bottle of something to ease my pain in my failure. I've shown off your photography to my very own family with the one remark of "I want to be like him, one day" and I just steal a photo and place it on my many mobile gadgets as a desktop image.

You're a talent, a funny as hell dude, and about as rough around the edges as anybody I'd call a friend in real life. I don't like squeaky clean folks around me... makes me feel way too inadequate. Flaws round out a human.

We all have our faults. Damn you've seemingly embraced yours with a "aye, fook the rest" </bad Connery impression> and you have a pride in your country that I cannot muster.

We definitely need to destroy a pub one day in the future. Cheers mate.

I'd just like to say I enjoy everyone here's company, it's like walking into Cheers, a bunch of individuals with plenty to say on anything from world economic disasters to the size of Britney's butt, we should become the new world government, there's not much happens that we can't get sorted.
    Anyway here's hoping 09 is a great year for all of us.

Stoke Laurie... you're one crazy bloke. You have a sense of humor that needs to be tapped for a sitcom one day. Your posts will have me laughing a bit too hard at times.

I've found myself seeking your posts to break up the monotony of a day just to get a chuckle or two.

Your pop references tend to be as acerbic and full of wit just like a quirky version of Gervais or Chuck Klosterman - seriously, go read "Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs" and you'll see what I mean.

You're right. The CL is much like Cheers... and you'd have to be our personal Cliff.

Thanks for making me laugh and happy in so many different ways man.

Gerbs, that is just what I needed to hear, thanks alot man! I had a ****ty night last night and this cheered me up to no end!

This is a great idea for a thread, and after a few Trappiste Rocheforts, when I'm a bit more eloquent, I might chime in with some festive love!

Merry christmas everyone!
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™

Cow Icon Cheers

All in the name of holiday cheer.

Buuuuurp........

Quote Originally Posted by GMF ™
    Buuuuurp........
    Mr. GMF himself. Dude... besides DP, you're probably the sole reason I wanted to be a mod. You had fun, you didn't swing your power around, and you made bans fun.

I stole all of that from you.

And when you left, I actually missed you. Glad you made an appearance Anders. That way, I can finally say thanks since you were the influence of my moderation style. I just had to improve upon it and make it mine by doing mobile bans - now labeled mobans by the FK'ers here.

I wish you'd just come back and share that talent and wit of yours. Well that and bring me some good beer too.

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™

Thumbs up

thats very kind of you to say . thank you gerby its the reason mr Fennell asked me 2 be mod here. just for having fun and helping out . swinging power isnt helping at all you are doing a great job, i can tell .

i missed the glow after the old crew went away and things happens in the real life too you know hehe.

beers ? allways in a reach these days i wish you the best ..ill try to pop in more often

thanks again for the nice post.

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Am I too late??

Merry Christmas Bro...Blesses to all your loved ones.

Was sorta waiting for you my man. You're my Egyptian brother from my Egyptian mother. Hell, even my own mother has taken your side more than her own son in some cases dude.

Your new path, it baffles the hell out of me though. By day, you're an air steward(-ess?)... but we both know you have the mental capacity to be a damn university professor, if not more. But it's your path. And I'll send along my blessings since you've been sending along postcards to expand horizons.

But it goes unsaid. Your family is my family, vice versa. You have my respect but you have one odd sense of humor. But I won't judge you for that either.

Best of luck to you mang. And I might take you up on that trip in '09.

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Should I be afraid of what you say about me?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MyFriendIsATaco
    Should I be afraid of what you say about me?

Yes.
    No need to be fearful. You're that bearded, weird as hell, eccentric genius that each and every person in this world needs.

And I mean it.

You're sheer ****ing genius on top of a kind of humor that I actually just "get" but I'm willing to bet that a lot just won't. You tend to be on the other end of my "I hate everybody and they all need to die" rants a bit too much and you just shrug it off, say a kind "Godspeed" and make me feel like you have some secret to life that I've yet to figure out.

But the next day, it's back to business as usual for the both of us and it's all good. In the last year, I've learned from you not only about code - I know, I know... I'll be design only soon enough, not just yet due to the damn economy - but from other areas. And I'm your elder.

Go figure.

I'd wish you luck, continued success, et al. But I have faith you don't need my words. It's going to happen regardless.

And yes, I know I still owe you a damn pizza.

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    Wow dude, that made my day and I wasn't even having a bad one! Seriously, thanks a lot dude.

As for my secret in life... it's called "Not giving a f***!"

Pizza Hut has gift cards.

Gerbick

If there is one thing I can always count it is your integrity.

I think we can all agree that look at the good and bad from all sides then present an honest assesment of the situation.