A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] flashcs3 movie booboo

Knowsnothingaboutnothing

resolved [RESOLVED] flashcs3 movie booboo

Firstly hello! I have been a forum reader for a while - first time forum poster! I am currently making a site for a friend which I have the "layout" uploaded at http://kunkelscleaning.comze.com/ ok.... so in the perfect world that exists only in my little head.. I thought I could make the bubbles bouncing around into buttons haha! Seems that its not so easy... I have it set to AS2 but can set it to AS3 I imagine... but when I started identifying buttons etc. all I could make it do was have X content load up but everything else stops animating. I am very new at flash and this is really the first thing Ive done for flash. I imagine I make separate flash movies and include them in the folder so they can just loop? or is there a AScript that I need - :S ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! Oh and I know im missing info please just ask away and ill try my best, so on that note Sorry in advance!

-Lost

did not view your site, it seems to me alls you would need to do, to have your animation continuos is convert your animation to a movie clip symbol

Knowsnothingaboutnothing
    if you were to view it you would see that they are moving buttons - can I make it both a movie clip and a button? or just maybe a movie clip and make invisible buttons that hover over it? I am really lost :S thank you again.

your site is under review, so the host is not allowing it to be shown
    but yes to invisable button, by setting alpha to 0.
    and yes you can make a movie clip into a button using actionscript to goto specific frame .
    it is a great way to make a button, because each state(onrollover, onrolloff,etc) can be a movie of it's own.

there are free tutorials on how to make a movieclip a button out there.
    try googling "how to make a movieclip a button"

Knowsnothingaboutnothing
    ok http://kunkelscleaning.comze.com/ its up now - If you notice the movie runs and its set as a mclip etc. But my problem is when I input my code to refer to the frame with the actual content - my movie on the side stops :S:S:S Thats what Im tryin to avoid. I have bubble anim as a movieclip and the button itself as an invisible one.... my code is this

function goHome (e:MouseEvent):void{
    gotoAndStop("Home");
    }
    home_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, goHome);

it goes to the frame with the content - the content appears all animations stop. haha, any recommendations? Thanks!

Knowsnothingaboutnothing
    Quote Originally Posted by muntech
    ok http://kunkelscleaning.comze.com/ its up now - If you notice the movie runs and its set as a mclip etc. But my problem is when I input my code to refer to the frame with the actual content - my movie on the side stops :S:S:S Thats what Im tryin to avoid. I have bubble anim as a movieclip and the button itself as an invisible one.... my code is this

gotoAndStop("Home");
    }
    home_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, goHome);

it goes to the frame with the content - the content appears all animations stop. haha, any recommendations? Thanks!
    Oh and if nothing is clicked the movie loops - which i think i can avoid by inserting go2play script but I am tryin to set each page by frame and having a button direct to the specified frame. But animations stop!!

very nice bubble
    your tween is on the main timeline it has to be in its own movie lets say tween_mc. leave the textfield and frameLabel "home" on the main timeline
    you also will not need invisable button

Code:
    stop(); 
    tween_mc.buttonMode = true;
    gotoAndStop("Home");
    }
    tween_mc.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, goHome);
    I have attached a file for you to look at. it is created in cs4 if you need it in cs3 let me know. I will be away for a few days, i should be back by the january second
    hope it helps sincerly sybershot
    Last edited by sybershot; 01-23-2009 at 09:15 PM.

Knowsnothingaboutnothing
    Quote Originally Posted by sybershot
    very nice bubble
    your tween is on the main timeline it has to be in its own movie lets say tween_mc. leave the textfield and frameLabel "home" on the main timeline
    you also will not need invisable button

Code:
    stop(); 
    tween_mc.buttonMode = true;
    gotoAndStop("Home");
    }
    tween_mc.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, goHome);
    I have attached a file for you to look at. it is created in cs4 if you need it in cs3 let me know. I will be away for a few days, i should be back by the january second
    hope it helps sincerly sybershot
    Yes I have cs3 only Thank you so much - I will try that code see how it goes haha thank you again!

Knowsnothingaboutnothing
    Yes I have cs3 only Thank you so much - I will try that code see how it goes haha thank you again!
    im getting this error

The class or interface 'MouseEvent' could not be loaded.

Do I have to turn into a button?

Knowsnothingaboutnothing
    im getting this error

The class or interface 'MouseEvent' could not be loaded.

Do I have to turn into a button?
    Switched to 3.0 and its all fixed - okay i am going to try this out and see how it goes haha.. thanks again ill post once again to update!! Thanks!

here is a cs3 as3 version
    sorry I did not get to you sooner
    I went out and just got back
    hope it helps
    Last edited by sybershot; 01-23-2009 at 09:15 PM.

Knowsnothingaboutnothing
    Quote Originally Posted by sybershot
    here is a cs3 as3 version
    sorry I did not get to you sooner
    I went out and just got back
    hope it helps
    Thank you so very much - I got it to work thanks to your help Ill update the site and see how it looks! THANK YOU

Knowsnothingaboutnothing
    http://kunkelscleaning.comze.com/ Okay Got it GOING!! Thank you so very much!!!!!! You have no idea! Its still not as clean as Id like but the function is working perfectly. I suppose as I continue Ill produce cleaner work, thanks again!!!!!

Knowsnothingaboutnothing
    It worked like a charm - the whole button/mc symbol thing was throwing me off but it made lovely sense at the end! Thank you again! On to my next post haha! http://kunkelscleaning.comze.com I just have to add content etc. but after the holiday break - thank you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your welcome. just got back from my holiday get away, glad to see it up and working.

Knowsnothingaboutnothing
    Thanks to you - again I am much obliged to your assistance!

I actually had a quick question of relatively minor importance

http://kunkelscleaning.comze.com/

That's the site in which you kindly assisted me in However I don't know if its just me but... in Firefox the animation looks smooth - but in IE it looks glitchy - I just formatted and have a real old version of IE (the sp2 one) but... is this a common thing with the 2 browsers? I myself am a firefox man but I know many people are not...
    Last edited by muntech; 01-06-2009 at 12:22 PM.

sorry i have not been around much i been swamped. i have a current version of ie and ff and tey looked great in both. if you continue to notice problems start a new thread for someone with more problem solving skills than me could assist you. sorry i wish i could help further but thats beyond my skills