A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: pouring liquid

[CS3/AS2] Simulating a liquid

I've scoured the forums and the rest of flashkit, as well as other sites... I have found a few samples of pouring liquid (water into a glass) done in swish, as well as actionscript (lava flowing down) - ironically all years old. Unfortunately I can't see any source files to figure out how they were done, and haven't had any replies to PMs I have sent.

I am trying to simulate pouring liquid... and I just can't wrap my mind around it.

Does anyone know of a good way to do this? If so, can I get help with the AS?
    Last edited by kargrafx; 01-05-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: fixed title of post

Just a bump - a week with no answers? I know someone out there has to know something...anything, that could help; right?

Just another bump... last time I swear.

. . . Nothing?

Lightbulb Reply

Don't know if you figured it out yet. I had the same issue, couldn't find an answer, but I figured it out. What I did was create an oval using the oval tool in flash. Used a bluecolor swatch for the fill, consisting of two shades of blue and white. Than I used the subselection tool to reshape the oval to look like a small stream of water. Then I went about 20 frames ahead, created a keyframe and stretched and rolled some of the points using the subselection tool making appear as a larger stream of liquid. Then you just click on any frame inbetween and selcet shape tween from the tween drop down menu in the property inspector. If you need a sample of this, let me know I'll try to post something on the web for you!