A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Moving to subpixels on Bitmaps

Moving to subpixels on Bitmaps

Hey all,

I've got a flash movie that's loading external images and panning left-to-right:

http://www.upstatement.com/jared/pix.../homepage.html

The problem is it seems to not render at the sub-pixel level causing that jerky motion. I checked Tweener and it is setting the x coordinates to decimals (eg -10.4, -10.6, -10.8...).

Also, when I create the Bitmap object from the bitmap data I have smoothing set to true and the pixelSnapping set to 'never' any idea what else I could do to make this work? Right now I'm tweening a container sprite that holds the Bitmap -- should I apply the tranformation directly to the Bitmap object? --is there a filter or property of Tweener (or another tweening engine) that would help me out?

Thanks,

Jared

...One hack I've found is to add a small shift in the RotationY property which kicks on Flash's 3D rendering. It looks perfect, only problem is it will only work in Flash 10 -- any ideas for a hack that would provide a Flash 9 fix? (already tried the normal rotation property, but that doesn't do it)

Ө_ө sleepy mod
    Try caching as bitmap or applying a filter (even one set to 0)...any chance you're loading the images from a different domain than the host page?

Damn, just tried both to no avail. It'd make sense, right? But still results with the same jerky motion.

The images are all same-domain with access to the BitmapData.

Thanks for your ideas!