A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Live 3D Sports

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar

Live 3D Sports

Last night I went and watched most of the BCS National Championship game in 3D. It was one of the coolest things that I've ever seen. Our local movie theater carried it. The shots of the game looked much cooler when you added the depth of the 3D action. It looked especially cool with the closeup shots and then instead of commercials we got to watch short 3D films and 3D shots from around Florida. We got a few snow flurries at half time that knocked out the coverage for a little while and then it came back on for most of the 3rd quarter before being knocked out permanently. It would have been fun to finish it in 3D but even the 3 quarters I saw made it worth the ticket price and the 2 free movie tickets I got out of it.

Did anyone else here see the game in 3D last night? They said that it was the first live 3D sporting event open to the public.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

was it the new tech? or the Red/blue Amber/yellow glasses old tech?
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

It was the new tech with the RealD glasses. Sony was broadcasting it to CES as well as a bunch of theaters across the country. They are going to be doing the NBA All-Star game like this and I think I may have to go.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

I hope they prove this to be easy to do and really get it down before the Olympics so they can really broadcast it like the rumors are saying.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Mmm...Biathlon in 3d. More dimensions for even more boredom.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Gymnastics.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Perv.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

I read that London is looking at doing it in 3D. I don't think that Vancouver has even looked into it. That gives another 3 years to get the kinks worked out.
    Jason L. Wright

beach volleyball.

so, 10 years from now we'll have youtube 3d?
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

I bet closer to 5.

I'm going to guess closer to 10 still until it's mainstream. It's going to require new displays and some equipment upgrades to get it into home setups. Wealthy people can be early adopters but most people won't be able to afford it for quite some time.
    Jason L. Wright

True.