dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: duplicate of a movieclip,but only the visuals.

duplicate of a movieclip,but only the visuals.

Is there a way to have an exact duplicate of a movieclip's visuals, without actually duplicating the entire image, and thus increasing the file size, and so that when you change the original image, the duplicate will be changed with it?

Edit: How do you copy the visuals of a movieclip to a bitmap?
    Last edited by omniscient232; 01-12-2009 at 03:19 AM.

Ө_ө sleepy mod
    Depending on how you created the first MC - if you use a loader to get it, or you brought it in from the library by code, you can make copies, if it's on stage when you compile, the best you can do is draw a copy of it to a bitmap.

As for mirroring them - that's not really possible. The best you could do is copy the transform from one to the other whenever things change.

I brought it in from the library. I don't really know how to draw a copy of it to a bitmap. and i don't mean have it be an exact copy of it in realtime. just an exact copy of the way It looks in the library. all i need to be able to do is turn it visible/invisible, set it's coordinates, and making another instance of it.

edit: when i turn a part of my MC1 into another MC2 will that mc1 have an instance of the mc2 as a child? and thus allowing me to affect it, from within the mc1?
    Last edited by omniscient232; 01-06-2009 at 12:11 PM.

How do you copy the visuals of a movieclip to a bitmap?