A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Does anyone know where the teddy bear fighting game is?

Does anyone know where the teddy bear fighting game is?

I am trying to find a game that I had found on here a while back, where you fight two teddy bears in a 2d street fighter style? there really wasn't that much more to it considering there are only two other street fighter style fighting games on this site. If you don't know please don't reply! I tried this already and I would really just like to know where that video game went?

thats funny but not the game I was talking about!

I do apreciate that reply becuase that is teddy bears fighting but I was talking about an actually game that you could play that was on flashkit. You where able to download the flv file and change things around I really wanted to use that as the starting point for a funny fighting game I was going to make for www.hotdamntv.com. they are original comedy videos that are really funny videos and they joke about wrestling bears allot. I just really need a good fighting game to work off of.

Honestly, you're barking up the wrong tree. Around here it's best to try to do something on your own and then ask for help than to ask for tutorials or even pre-made games. I suggest trying to code something yourself and then come to Flashkit when you get stuck.

If you don't know where to start then you're just daydreaming. If you want to make games you'll have to commit to learning the process.

you got me all wrong

I know I said for the starting point but I what I really meant was I already made the really crappy fighting game that is up on cementchicken.com for hotdamntv.com. If you could recommend a good tutorial for a fighting game that would be great. I want to redo the whole thing with some better structure and I don't really know what a good starting point would be. I didn't even want to mention it because it really sucks as you can see. I just don't know how to make the different special moves take off more power and less when blocked. There where a couple things there that I wanted to see how they did it. I am not trying to just steal their game. Also that game had this screen in the middle of the game that could do instant replays of the fight while you where still fighting. I wouldn't even know where to get started with something like that. I know a good amount of flash. I have a lot of resources, I just really liked that game and I wanted to try to find it. The game I made you can select from four characters. You can play vr. a friend or the computer. there are four moves per character but they all do the same amount of damage. I really want to spice it up before I send it to the guys at hotdamntv but I really don't know how to go much further then what I got now. I am working on some animated scenes to put in different parts of the game but other then that I'm stuck. What would you recommend, Posting the game and trying to get feed back or asking for a tutorial on the forum for other ideas for code and improvements or is this just not the place for me.
    Last edited by limitless1; 01-18-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Intermediate Game Dev pseudobot's Avatar
    ^I would stick it on the forum for comments & criticism.
    Needs an update...

Quote Originally Posted by limitless1
    You can play vr. a friend or the computer. there are four moves per character but they all do the same amount of damage
    Maybe have a Punch1Damage, Punch2Damage property in your player definition and a damagefunction like HP - Damage???

Sorry limitless1, but that post gave me even more of an impression that you're a n00b slapping games together from code snippets and tutorials, as this kind of function is very basic in and present in almost any genres structure. Before starting to try to make money out of games and blatantly asking others to help you with it for free, you might want to start learning some basic stuff by experimenting and trail & error.

EDIT:

Also: starting two threads in less then a week about EXACLY the same, is in my opinion not the best conduct either.
    Last edited by TOdorus; 01-19-2009 at 08:48 AM.