A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer festival season

I actually live 2 hours away from Burlington so I don't go up there to too often. Especially now that my gf is back in school and that is much closer(she lives near burlington when not in school) We will be going to up to Louis CK this weekend though but that is sorta it for a while so we can save more for Bisco etc unless a really good show comes along.

I want to go see That1Guy who is coming to Higherground in a couple weeks and it is only $10! but I can't get anyone else to go with me so add the ticket and gas money together and it makes it not that cheap of a show . Hopefully someone comes to their senses.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

You should absolutely check out Rothbury too...

http://www.rothburyfestival.com/

I've gone to lots of shows, and this is a special one for sure. I went to Camp Bisco for the first time last year and it was alright, pretty dirty though. Rothbury is wonderful, I can't wait to see the lineup this year!

Also, the obvious, Bonnaroo. Wakarusa, All Good, Mountain Jam, Gathering of the Vibes, or any Sound Tribe Sector 9 show

Bonnaroo looks awful. The lineup doesn't even look good. Only reason I would go to that is because this year NIN is on the list and this is their last tour before breaking up. Wakarusa looks amazing but sadly too close of a date to another trip I have planned and too far away distance wise. AllGood looks decent his year. MountainJam looks decent as well. I had a friend go to GOTV last year and said it was really good. STS9 is awesome it would be amazing if they get to Bisco. Sadly that is the only show I am going to(afford) this year maybe next summer I will do a tour.

Why did you think Bisco was dirty? Everyone I know who has gone said it is one of the better festivals they have been too. And isn't a festival all about getting down and dirty?

I want the lineups already!
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Sweet more festival people! Mountain Jam is awesome but the police presence can get a little offensive. All Good was great both years I went. As much as I'd love to experience Rothbury I can't afford it this year.

Pretty much every festival I've been to has some "dirt" in it. It's really all about what you choose to see and do. If you surround yourself with good people who are into what you are into you'll have a blast. Lenient security leaves people to do pretty much what they want, but it's all in good fun with good intentions.

Keep an open mind and know you're own limits and you'll have a blast. Camp Bisco here we come!
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Got an email from their promoters this morning. Said they are finalizing the lineup soon. FINALLY.

Wow Bisco is going to be amazing this year! Check out this lineup.

Performers Include The Disco Biscuits – All 3 Nights,
    Nas & Damian Marley
    STS9 (2 nights)
    Chromeo
    The Orb
    DFA Disco Tent
    Twisted Records All Star Tent
    Shpongle Dj set x2 (Simon Posford vs. Raja Ram)
    Younger Brother Live
    Special Disco Version (featuring James Murphy and Pat Mahoney of LCD SS)
    Dr. Dog
    K'naan
    John Brown's Body
    Flying Lotus
    Holy Ghost!
    Prometheus
    Ott
    Pretty Lights
    Eoto
    Kill the Noise
    Martyn
    Fort Knox Five
    Biodiesel featuring KJ Sawka
    Starkey
    AC Slater
    Telepath
    Boombox
    Mixed Bag's Superjam
    Bluetech
    Orchard Lounge
    Joe Nice
    Scotty B and the Chavy Boys of London
    Phantogram
    Indobox
    Tuphace
    Roots of Creation
    Chronicles of the Landsquid
    Mo2
    Dj Haitian
    Otherwise
    Synewave
    Dirty Paris
    and more!

2 totally separate Shpongle sets?! One done by Simon then another by Raja. Younger Brother live! Ott! Oh this is going to be good!

Camp is going to be EPIC! NAS convinced my girlfriend to join me

A music festival period convinced mine

Buying our tickets tomorrow when she gets home. I hope the early bird price holds out another day!

I'll be going VIP and got my tickets back in January. The suspense was killing me.

I still find it so funny that another FKer is going. You are going to have a blast. If you have any questions please ask me, I've been to ILCC for bisco before and you don't want to be poorly prepared.

Thanks. Will do. I am probably driving separate but a few people I know who went last year are going.

VIP huh? From the list of VIP perks I don't see the money being worth it. Have you always gone VIP?

VIP isn't necessary at all and you shouldn't feel obligated to do it. I've been going to fests for a few years and decided that since I'm only going to one this year I'll give VIP a chance. I'm more into it for the more private camping area, but I'll be in the regular camping area quite a bit just hanging out with all the people.

If you're driving up separate, theres a gas station about 2 miles from the festival that you guys should meet at if you want to camp together. Once you're in you can't really choose where to park.

Also I totally responded to your PM but my browser froze and deleted my long reply. I'll write it out again later.

Awesome. Look forward to the rewrite.

Wow I was just relooking at the tickets. The VIP's are 3x as much!!! I think I will stick to being a public viewer

I've been to some events like this. Sometimes the extra cost becomes worth it when you realize what a clean sh*tter is worth after 3 days of sharing with 60,000 of your "closest friends."
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Yeah the VIP areas like the camping and chill outzones with all the discounted drinks and food seem like a really nice perk and I would probably go VIP for like $200 a ticket but tickets are only $125 right now and to upgrade the VIP it is an EXTRA $225. Maybe next year.

I really want to go to Burning Man next year as well so I guess it all depends how this coming year treats me financially and if I can afford to go be a bum for a whole week in the dessert.

I'm no longer going to Camp this year. I have an opportunity to drive cross country with gas paid for and decided to do that instead. I would do both but the road trip starts about a week and a half before Camp so now I'm looking at Rothbury and seeing what group I can get together for it.

Damn well that's too bad. But I don't blame you at all. Sounds awesome. Rothbury looks pretty cool.

I have been waiting for my gf to get the money together for her ticket so we could get them together and now they are up to $145! I could have got them when they first came out at $115

Wow- Just looked at the Rothbury lineup. I am pretty jealous now. This season has some really good show lineups. I wish I could just tour all summer. You could hit up all the big festivals and then fill in the other weekends with smaller ones and seriously go to festivals all summer.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 04-09-2009 at 04:20 PM.

t is. I did 3 fests in one summer and that was almost too much for me. It can really take a lot out of you but they are awesome. Rothbury is going to be the biggest I've ever hit, I think, so I'm curious how well I'll be able to see the headliners. I loved Camp for the reason that even if you're on the edges of the crowd you aren't that far from the sound tent.