A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KoolMoves 7.0.1 released

Super Moderator

KoolMoves 7.0.1 released

See http://www.koolmoves.com/kmwhatsnew.html for what has changed.

Use Help > Update Software to get this upgrade.

Bob, is it a direct upgrade from 6.0.2 to 7.0.1, or do I need to install 7.0 first? I'm having computer issues, and I haven't done 7.0 yet. Thanks for the help and, especially, the great product!

Super Moderator
    6 to 7.0.1 is fine

Cool...er..."Kool". Thanks!

OK - I'm the most stupidest person on the planet. How do I upgrade? Thanks for the help...and patience!

Click on the Help Menu item in KM, then select upgrade. You can also have it query to what the current version is if you are unsure if you need to upgrade.

Thanks so much. Now that work is slowing down a bit, I figured I do it. Just having a brain melt, I guess.

What was the lastest version for free updates (or was it a purchase date)? I don't have a problem paying for the upgrade (you guys gotta eat, too). Just curious.

Super Moderator
    If your registration code start with K6 or K7, you get free upgrades to 7.x. Help > Update Software will tell you if you need to buy a upgrade.
    Last edited by Bob Hartzell; 02-06-2009 at 08:01 AM.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    I just stumbled across some good news about SWf Studio (IMO). We seem to have had a nice partnership with them in the past and if this news is true it's very good news indeed.

http://krazyaboutpizza.co.uk/?p=40

I'm curious to know if the Koolmoves website has an online version of the KoolMoves AS3 API Documentation running I can link to. I don't want to upload the pages and link to them from my blog if they already exist (not to mention without permission ). Are these running somewhere (Wilberts site...KM page, etc) I can link to?

As far as I know the docs currently are not published online.
    If Bob considers it a good idea to have a copy of the most recent docs online, I could upload them to a subdirectory of the KoolExchange domain.

Thats sounds a great idea, plus from the docs you could link to examples ( sorry mate more work ) Unless you used blog format, and examples could be linked in the comments section of each doc.

I'm not looking to alter them in any way actually. As they stand they are perfect and I'm more interested to simply have them online for a few reasons (Think of all the links to Adobe livedocs we have posted in the past....same effect and same reasons yet specific to Koolmoves).

I'm going to PM you on something Stoke

Super Moderator
    It is fine with me if you want to post docs and/or examples on line.

@Chris,
    http://koolexchange.com/docs/km/

@Laurence,
    I prefer not to make changes just for the online version.
    The docs are generated from the classes. Making changes after they are generated makes updating them more difficult.

I figured as much Wilbert. I'm familiar with ASDoc from Flex so assumed these were created that way and should not be altered aftr the fact since you would most likely generate a new one if the class in question is changed.

I appreciate you and Bob listening and placing them online and Stoke and I will simply link to them.

I've been thinking.. one thing that I think could be improved in KM is the scroll bar on a dynamic text box.. are there any plans to make this the same as the scroll bar on a content pane for example?

When you export swf9, the scroll bar on a dynamic textbox has changed compared to previous KM versions.

I know, but I'm still using AS1 in my projects so it'll stop things from working if I export as swf9. Until I get the hang of AS3 is this something that won't change?