A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **** firefox

**** firefox

Anyone else having troubles with firefox? Mine randomly quits multiple times a day sometimes as soon as I restart it. I only have IE tab, stumble upon, and linkification installed.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Been happening to me too. I just got rid of a nasty virus so I figured it was remnants of that. Now I'm curious.

get a mac
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I still haven't figured out why exactly it does it. I feel certain types of content trigger it or the amount of tabs open. When I go to the flickr explore every morning I open about 20-30 tabs of all the top photos and after a minute or so while going through them- crash. It only recently started happening to so it is really annoying.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Perhaps why I'm using Chrome more and more.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Chrome really good? I don't think I ever got around to installing it.

I use chrome alot too.. found that it seems to be quite stable.. i uninstalled firefox, found it was too unstable for the machine i work on here at work, crashed almost every time i opened it.
    "All men are equal. All men, that is, who possess umbrellas."
    E.M. Forster

Without even realising it, chrome has become my main browser. There's still a few small bugs but on the whole it works just fine. It feels light-weight and intuitive. For some reason I never really fell into using FF as my main browser but chrome feels right.

How does Chrome compare to other browsers? Wait, you mean there are other browsers????

i was gonna reply that FF is fine here then it crashed, twice, and i only have one FK tab open. i like chrome coz it's lite but not really my main browser yet.

wow whats with all the firefox hate all of the sudden, i mean was it not a year ago that someone wrote an artical about how firefox was the best browser ever?
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

For me, the add-ons are usually the problem.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I need firebug, charles, flash switcher, swf catcher, web dev toolbar, S3 organizer, Delicious tag icon, flash tracer and so on before I even think about switching.
    The last patch of FF makes it a bit bugged but I use FF like you all the time and it crashed once in the last 3 days. That's alright with me. IMHO FF is still THE browser
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

It would still be THE browser for me and has been for years but this crashing issue is nonsense.

I just did a scan on the last release on a security stand point and it looks like remote plugins in FF are packing the packets and cause a memory issue. Fixing bugs makes FF safer too, perhaps, but not entirely secure, since all software is a work in progress.

Looks like Firefox 3.0.6 crashes with evidence of memory corruption..
    Last edited by atRax; 02-11-2009 at 12:32 PM.
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

I started using Chrome the day it came out but gmail kept recycling my gtalk(AIM) connection and my buddies were *****in. "Come in or stay out man."

And I just can't get by without my firebug/dev tool bar.
    I keep waiting for a chrome upgrade that allows for plugins.

@atRax - Checkout thunderbolt, you can log flash right to firebug.

no plugins for chrome? no download for me.

I had a horrible problem with Firefox for a while, and it seemed to be a Flash problem (engadget & gizmodo would CONSTANTLY crash FF for me). I never really got it fixed as the harddrive died a couple weeks later. I always thought it was a RAM issue though.

I do use Firefox, maybe once every 2 months for scripts heavy site which somehow fail to load in Chrome or Opera, but otherwise Chrome has been m default ever since its inception.

I don't know much about FF's plugins but I terribly love Chrome's "Inspect element" option, and it's task manager too!

Chrome's task manager is a great way to see what kind of memory management your flash movies have but firebug makes "inspect element" look stupid.

I never liked FireFox. Skipped it.

But I switched to Chrome and haven't looked back since the day I installed it.

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    no plugins for chrome? no download for me.
    They are reportedly on their way. And by then, you may find yourself way behind in Chrome skills if you don't switch now.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf