dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fez is back

Elvis...who tha f**k is Elvis? phreax's Avatar

Fez is back

I was quite happy seeing Kokoromi reviving their platformer Fez after a year in the dark, so I pulled out a test I made when I first saw it.

here's the link:
    http://news.muzui.com/2009/02/fez-is-back/

It makes some simple 3D calculations but the rendering merely uses scaleX and a shade on top with tweaked alpha to represent depth.

The tree and the character are flat, meaning they are not "turned" just placed according to their x, y and z values.
    Last edited by phreax; 02-18-2009 at 11:10 AM.
    Streets Of Poker - Heads-Up Texas Hold'em Poker Game

If you like Fez, you should check out this thread: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=354.0

The developer updates here pretty often with news and screenshots from Fez. Then all the forumites whine and complain about...or drool over it, there is no in-between.

Living proof that the ones who make these games are indeed people, and, yes, they walk among us.

I have no doubts that Fez could be fully handled in Flash, all aspects intact. It might be interesting if someone tried it...

Thanks cap'n Never saw that one, thought I stumble over TIG quite a lot! Lots of nice graphics in there

hey phreax,
    good to hear from you again. is that muzui.com site yours?
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Yup yup...it'll be totally repackaged in a couple of weeks but the 'hype' is cross-platform cross-device social gaming. Facebook, Hi5, MySpace, Muzui etc. for platforms and J2ME, Iphone, Android, Doja and working on Brew for devices. It's quite a nice platform...for very small games I run it with my brothers.
    (Sorry for the pimp)

*edit*
    we've had almost 8 million mobile downloads...that's what I wake up for in the morning Living in Denmark, that would be everyone in the country had played a game plus a third came back for seconds! Mmmmh
    Last edited by phreax; 02-18-2009 at 04:48 PM.