A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Is there a way to fake a 3D image of a human shape from a 2D Photograph?

Is there a way to fake a 3D image of a human shape from a 2D Photograph?

I need to fake a 3d image from a 2d photograph because I don't have a 3d software application. Is there a way to do this in Photoshop or Illustrator?
    Thanks

What is your final output requirements? Because what you have listed... not gonna happen.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Hi,
    I just wanted to make a 2d photo look 3d for the web.... using wireframes... Yeah I basically gave up on it. It's too much work.

If you have no 3d applications and don't plan on buying one, just get blender. It's free, and works as good as the commercial ones. Well, very nearly. Just use a reference background image in the 3d viewport and.... well, it's not so simple for beginners, I guess. If you really just want a pseudo-3d looking wireframe, that shouldn't be so hard with just illustrator, unless you want to automate the process.
    That's it, I'm fed up with having my barely-legal signatures criticized.

yeah you'll be better off just buying head model for blender.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by An Artist View Post
    I don't have a 3d software application. Is there a way to do this in Photoshop or Illustrator?
    Thanks
    3d apps are easy to find. Blender is among the best of them, and it's free. Unfortunately, Flash can't handle 3d models very well. I don't have a lot of experience with 3d in Flash, mind you. I've only messed with Papervision slightly.
    GetLives Arcade: Play games, nothing else.
    This site is nothing but Flash-powered games. If you're bored, try a few of them.