A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Do any of you know how to design a site like www.lovepics.it?

Do any of you know how to design a site like www.lovepics.it?

Hey guys,

I have a quick yet important question. I am a web developer and specialize in CMS development using wordpress, as well as general complete full front end and back-end development usiing HTML, CSS, Javascript, php, mysql, I have recently been asked to design a site similar to

www.lovepics.it

It is essentially a photo portfolio site whereby you click on an item in the menu bar positioned in the left side navbar, which is a drop down vertical navbar. This causes a sub-menu structure to expand below. If it happens to be an image file then this causes a population of the inline frame with the enlarged version of the thumbnail image.

Is stores all of the Image info in an XML file and uses Flash as the effects engine.

I want to know how to create that type of system.

I downloaded a similar system from

http://www.flashoculus.com/G04.html and I am trying to create the left side vertical drop down navbar so for instance if you click on image1 , then you have will open underneath it sub menu options.

Do I need a CSS file to store the roll over effects?

Does this have to be programmed in Flash -the .FLA file?

Can I do something in the given XML files to create this role over effect?

Really could use some expert//guru advice. I do want to be able to handle

these sort of projects as RIA is a very promising area in web development.

I could use ready made templates and skins that require some customization but I am sort of a techno-geek and I want to have an intrinsic understanding of the clockwork behind this wonderful system.

Best wishes

Omar

Toronto, Canada

I know nothing.
    Check out www.flashden.net - they have a ton of XML templates with the navagation menus you require.

Cheers!