A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My Flash Website is Done...Now What

My Flash Website is Done...Now What

I just redid my sister's website in flash. It looks awesome and we want to put it up. We have a current website up on a server. My question is can I just put up the HTML file that Flash generates or do I have to embed the flash file into a Dreamweaver file? I have never done this before so I am not sure what the best way to do it is.

Hi and welcome to FK

Yup you can just upload the html file flash made along with your swf file(s) and you're good to go! You'll want to change the name of the html file to index.html though, all that will do is default to that page when people go to www.yoursite.com rather than making them type out www.yoursite.com/yourflashpage.html.
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

thanks! that's awesome. I put the site up and it worked! Now my problem is it is not centered. I built this off of a template that I purchased. The screen size of the template is 800 x 800 and I want it to be centered. I don't really want to have to go and center everything on the stage in Flash. Is there an easier way to do this?

Here is the link
    http://www.oasisarts.net
    Last edited by sportsgurl; 02-25-2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: misspelled the link

open flash and go to file>publish settings>html tab and set dimensions to percent and width/height to 100%. Then change scale to 'noscale'

that will center your flash piece in the browser. the only shortcoming to this approach is if there's things hidden off stage in your fla they will be visible. Let me know if that happens and I'll tell you how to apply a mask around your stage.

ps oh and don't forget to republish from flash! hehe
    Last edited by EvolveDesigns; 02-25-2009 at 07:31 PM.
    the natural selection

Thank you

thank you thank you thank you it worked perfect. oh I am so happy. this was my sister's birthday present and you have helped make it possible. it works great.

did I mention thank you

heehee you're welcome!
    the natural selection

Quote Originally Posted by sportsgurl View Post
    thanks! that's awesome. I put the site up and it worked! Now my problem is it is not centered. I built this off of a template that I purchased. The screen size of the template is 800 x 800 and I want it to be centered. I don't really want to have to go and center everything on the stage in Flash. Is there an easier way to do this?

Here is the link
    http://www.oasisarts.net
    very cool site!

Hi there! What's the difference publishing directly from Flash as opposed to embedding the SWF in Dreamweaver?