A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fade-in buttons on(rollOver) issue

Fade-in buttons on(rollOver) issue

I've built a basic slideshow which shows images with a 3 sec interval. The images occupies all of the document's area.

When a user points the mouse over the current image, two arrows fades in (back-arrow and forward-arrow) allowing the user to view the images faster than the pre-set 3 sec. When the mouse pointer is located outside the image, the arrows fade away.

I didn't think this would turn out to be such a hard nut to crack, but it's driving me crazy really... I have put a movieclip over the image container with on(rollOver) and on(rollOut), thus fading the arrows in and out. This works great, until the mouse pointer reaches the arrows. It seems as the arrows' area, how should i put it, 'overrides' the on(roll...) code, resulting in the fade-effect getting cought in a loop.

The flash can be viewed here:http://www.gargamel-g.com/kunder/fla...slideshow.html
    And downloaded here: http://www.gargamel-g.com/kunder/flashkit/slideshow.zip

I understand why my example doesn't work, I just can't figure what else to do... Any suggestions would help, i reeeeeeally appreciate it!

I'll make sure to post the working example.

RockYourFlash
    Hey,

I have seen this before - Are you sure you don't have a button sitting inside a button? If so that would mean the button gets rolled over, and then rolled out as soon as it is placed on the button and creates a loop - like what is happeneing there. Not sure but that might be the problem.

RockYourFlash, that's exactly the problem, alltough the layout is a bit differnet. The bottom layer is a movieclip with onrollOver- and rollOut-actions, and the layers above are the buttons.

The effect is exactly as you described, but i just can't figure out any other way of doing it...

RockYourFlash
    What if you just put All the actions on the button and reference the movie clip through the button

eg: on (rollOver){
    _parent.movieClipName.dosomethingreallycoolhere
    }